• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unbranded phone from Orange?

• Thread starter milesbennetdyson
  • Start date
M

milesbennetdyson

I signed a new contract over the phone with Orange a couple of days ago and upon starting up my new handset I was surprised to notice there didn't seem to be any Orange bloatware.

The startup screen on my old Android phone had an Orange animated logo explosion thing but this phone just has the Samsung logo animated. There's not even an Orange logo on the case anywhere. I've had a few phones from Orange over the years and they've all had a logo on. THe only thing that has anything to do with Orange is an app called SIM Toolkit, that when you click it has two options: Call Orange and Information. Maybe that's just info on the SIM card? I dunno.

I was going to put my mate's SIM in to see if it's network locked but then I remembered this trick. http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...25-your-carrier-branded-phone-sim-locked.html It's unlocked! I seem to have an unbranded, unlocked phone direct from Orange! What's going on? Have they seen the light, or, more likely, is it something to do with the EverythingEverywhere merger?

Orange do not call their own customers regarding their upgrade. I work for a principal partner of orange and call customers in regards to their upgrades. If the phone you have had is unbranded then you were called by a low end approved partner who supply their own kit. If your phone ever develops a fault then Orange will not support you and you will have to go to the seller who contacted you. For your information, the only number orange will ever call you from is 07973100194.

Upvote 0
Orange do not call their own customers regarding their upgrade. I work for a principal partner of orange and call customers in regards to their upgrades. If the phone you have had is unbranded then you were called by a low end approved partner who supply their own kit. If your phone ever develops a fault then Orange will not support you and you will have to go to the seller who contacted you. For your information, the only number orange will ever call you from is 07973100194.

Hi, sorry to intervene but your comment is a little ambiguous, I got my phone direct from Orange and it is unbranded, I wasn't called to upgrade my phone by a low end dealer supplying his own kit, I have an internal account and was supplied an unbranded phone direct from my employer, Orange. If your phone is an Approved Generic phone then Orange will support you if you have the relevant cover for your phone or if the phone is less than 6 months old as covered under the sales of goods act (1979).

Orange will call you from the stated number but there are other suffixes which are also used.

If I can be so bold as to ask, who do you work for?? :)

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones