• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Unforunately, Bluetooth Share has stopped"

rbjhb

Sep 2, 2012
This problem has been plaguing me for ages. Though sometimes I don't get the error when I turn on Bluetooth, other times I get it constantly.

I've googled it and the best solution seems to be cleaning out the contents of the file bt_config.xml, which resides in {root}/datamedia/misc/bluedroid. My problem is that I'm not managing to do this.

If I connect my device to my laptop and look at the contents of the phone, I can't find this directory.

So I searched for free root explorer apps. Tried ES Analyzer - I think this may have worked for me in the past, but at some point I denied it SuperUser access and even though I've uninstalled and re-installed it, I now can't find the relevant directory. So I tried Root Browser, in which I managed to find the file, but was unable to make a backup copy of it. Plus the app kept freezing.

I'm running Android 4.3.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones