• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Update Profile" what does it do?

You don't need to bump a thread an hour after you posted it. Remain calm, someone will answer your question. Also, if you would have done a search, you would have found your answer.

Update Profile updates your 3g profile. It resends your username, ip address, etc from sprint to your phone. You should only need to use this if you are experiencing error codes while using 3g.

Reactions: EvoLeo
Upvote 0
I am incredibly late on updating phones that I use as well as updating to this forum, but here's my experience with updating the phones profile: When I go to work, in my carrier's network, I somehow magically go into roaming status. The complicated part, is that I'm the only one at my work that uses the Sprint network. It doesn't happen as soon as I walk through the door so much as soon as I reach the back of the building...my problem is that when I go out the door at the end of my shift, about five minutes, I go back to normal non roaming status. my work shares the building with three other businesses. when I enter the others, I don't go into roaming, and I can be in the back of their building and even behind the building and outside and still not roaming; only when i'm in my work's building. I call my carrier, my carrier advises to update the profile, and today, we'll see if that worked. Afterward, I'll come back, and update once again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones