• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using AT&T International Day Pass on Z Fold 4?

Finally got ahold of someone at the International help line that knew something. You have to enable Mobile Data and International Data Roaming, even though you are trying to avoid costly International Data Roaming charges. I think it is a good service but I think that you can get cheaper solutions by getting a local SIM Card. I saw an unlimited data Sim card at JFK for $60.00, and probably, buying something at an airport is not the cheapest way. For 10 days plus, it will cost us $150.00 total. Divided by two, that is $75.00 each and we don't have unlimited plans. I went this way for simplicity. I did not want to experiment with dual Sim Cards on this phone, and right now, my Note 8 is not functional.

Danny

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
A local SIM card is almost always going to give you the best rate overseas. The only issue I ran into was a dual SIM when i had an Asus Zenfone. I had AT&T at that time and added an Orange SIM card in France. I turned the AT&T SIM card off for everything. AT&T still charged me $60. I called AT&T and told them I had their SIM card turned off. AT&T said they checked and I was still using 2G LOL! I doubt it but I just paid the bill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones