• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon Carrier number location? want to add VM password

AZgl1500

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma grasslands
As the title says, I cannot find the spot in the menu where I can edit the number to call my voice mailbox.

5.0 has hidden it well...

In 4.4.4 there is a place to edit the number for your own voice mail, you did not have to use the Verizon voicemail box number at all....

anyone done that already?

I'm supposed to remember 5 digits? especially when they are not the ones I want and unless your are using a BT headset, you don't have time to get them entered.

I finally managed to get into the voicemail box, and did a custom password that I can use.... but they refuse to allow me to use the favorite one I have used for 25 years..... a single digit repeated 4 times.... now they will NOT allow the same digit to be repeated in a sequence at all.... 4421 is invalid, 4444 is invalid, 1234 is okay.... yada yada.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones