• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] HELP: Bizarre happenings with my Note 3.

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
I upgraded to 4.4.2 a while back with this method from this thread http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga.../852829-guide-nonrooted-rooted-4-3-4-4-a.html

All has gone well until recently when my Note 3 has been going goofy to say the least. I get no signal at my home so I finally talked VZW to send me a network extender and they did. My cell signal is great but my battery drains fast. Text messages do not work...I can send a text message via the extender and it will just show spinning on my phone and usually will not go through. Been on text support many times about this...still not resolved.

NOW TO MY REAL PROBLEM:

I have a zerolemon 10,000 mah battery which I can go 5 days on a single charge. Now, even when I am away from my extender my battery is draining like crazy...down to 75% after 4-5 hours...really bad. I check GSAM Battery and it shows like 76%+ app usage...Android System 30%, Google Services 17%...etc.

I have completely wiped my phone and did a clean install of HD8, restored an old image backup of HD8 and the problem still is there. Now, today, all my ring tone have changed and I cannot change them back to my ringtones. My pictures seem to be gone from my SD card.

So, what can I do to do a super really clean brand new install? I have tried the Jasmine ROM 4.4.2 but it comes up to the desktop and then goes back to the Samsung splash screen and just sits there over and over and does nothing else.

I am about to threw this thing into the wall. Suggestions welcome before I do.:mad:

DC, mine has started to do some strange thing with some of the settings recently too. Not to the extent you describe but it's troubling. My battery usage has been about the same as before. I read somewhere that when you install a new ROM you should use ODIN to install the firmware again. Which doesn't make sense to me but I thought I read that if you don't, things can get buggy. But now I can't seem to find where I read that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones