• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Lawsuit - Got $450 back from Verizon!!!

Axyoyomama

Lurker
Aug 23, 2011
A friend of mine, and I saw it on his myVerizon, got $450 from Verizon because of a class action lawsuit settlement. You had to file by Dec 31, 2015. He got a credit last week on his bill.

They just asked if he authorized charges and he said NO. He didn't know whether he did or not but he didn't have time to look. Cramming went back to 2010.

Unbelievable! Did anyone else get money back? Verizon and Sprint had to pay a total of &150 million. This is the third party that's handling the refunds.

http://www.cfpbsettlementverizon.com/

Thanks

Upvote 0
It's very possible that they were "authorized" charges. The problem was he found out about the lawsuit the day before the final filing date. So he just said NO! He would have had to look back 6 years of bills. They didn't question it.

They said he had $600 worth of charges and asked if they were legit. You could find out the amount from the website in my OP.

The refund amount was capped at $90 million for Verizon and $60 million for Sprint. NO one got all their money back. I believe they probably had more claims then the capped amount so everyone just got a %. (ex: They had 200 million in claims and $150 mill to pay, so everyone got 75% of their claim. Nothing was said to him how they arrived at his amount.

This was an odd class action lawsuit. Normally you get a letter in the mail and you wait 10 years for a few bucks. This was just posted in the internet and he had most of his money in 6-8 weeks.

Just curious how others made out. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones