• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [Opinions]Fastest & best battery life rom in Gnex history

iowabowtech

root@android:/ #
May 2, 2010
Iowa|USA
Guys, I've reached a bit of an impass. I've had a lot of fun with a great deal of roms but I think I'm ready to go back to basics. Not quite stock basic but a custom rom that smokes and has maximum battery EVEN if it means returning to ICS. I mean maybe I'm remembering the "old days" as better than they really were but I could swear my touchscreen used to be far more responsive, screen transitions were faster, logs were less congested with system actions and battery was much better. And kernels...I've tried many.

So I'm throwing one out there that from my memory fits this bill...AOKP M6. However I can't seem to acquire it from the AOKP site at this time. So my questions are these:

1.) Anybody know where I CAN get it?
2.) What's your vote for the Gnex rom past or present with the best combo of speed and battery life?

Thanks for your insights.

IBT

Edit: Found in goo.im app. Thanks Sweaty Pits for the idea. Still looking for opinions on a rom however.

I'd say LiquidSmooth M5 ICS paired with LeanKernel (blanking on the version) was my best battery/performance combo. Never a reboot or stutter, but got great battery life.

Although my current setup of AffinitySERIES and Zen Kernel are giving it a run for its money. I've gotten 4+ hours of screen time on the stock battery, but I've also had a few hiccups here and there

Upvote 0
Well I ran into some issues flashing AOKP M6 with the paired Gapps of the time. When trying to update Gmail, I got an incompatible version error. Force removed, then tried to re-install the new Gmail and it said it was imcompatible. I'm thinking I'd end us missing Google Now anyway so I think I'll edit my quest to the fastest, best battery life JB rom. If there is such a thing. :)

Upvote 0
Guys, I've reached a bit of an impass. I've had a lot of fun with a great deal of roms but I think I'm ready to go back to basics. Not quite stock basic but a custom rom that smokes and has maximum battery EVEN if it means returning to ICS. I mean maybe I'm remembering the "old days" as better than they really were but I could swear my touchscreen used to be far more responsive, screen transitions were faster, logs were less congested with system actions and battery was much better. And kernels...I've tried many.

So I'm throwing one out there that from my memory fits this bill...AOKP M6. However I can't seem to acquire it from the AOKP site at this time. So my questions are these:

1.) Anybody know where I CAN get it?
2.) What's your vote for the Gnex rom past or present with the best combo of speed and battery life?

Thanks for your insights.

Wow you don't know how much I agree with you, everyday I get a nostalgic feeling of being on AOKP M6 with Franco M3 kernel. It had the best user experience, performance, and battery life was just amazing. I once got a little more than 48hrs of up time with about 2ish hours of screen on time (on 3G)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones