• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost my spot in line and had to recorder July 3rd due to a credit card issue.. got my email yesterday afternoon..
Ordered 16gb blue on july3rd
Tracking says to be delivered on July 10th at 4:30p in mid Ohio from Memphis

now just hoping Verizon keeps their promise and gives my unlimited back after activation.. wish me luck. congratz to everyone that gets their phone today..

Update.. phone is activated and it was no problem to call and get my unlimited back.. I'm one happy cat.. thanks verizon

Upvote 0
Got mine too :) Ended up with a white 32gb, since no blue in stock. I was DEAD WRONG about Best Buy, since not only did they let me get a white 32gb, but said I can return it for a blue 32gb when they get them in. They set everything up and did the buy back for my Razr. Very polite and thoughtful service :)

I also was just as wrong on the display too, since VZW must have got a bum demo or something messed up, since the G3 I have has very good contrast and brightness. It is a tad dim compared to the Razr, but not mega DIM like the VZW test unit. I am not undertanding that.

4G reception rocks and will test 3G later where I live.

Upvote 0
Loving this phone can't put it down! Ended up with the 32 GB white. Pre-ordered the 16gb blue. Didn't like the blue.

LOL, I did the same thing. I happened to be "in the area" and went to see if there was any news on the phones. They said that they didn't get any of the 32 gb blue in but if I wanted to swtich to white I could. I checked out the blue and didn't like the "brushed" look nor the fact that it was more purple than blue (I would have rather seen a more royal blue).

So far I'm loving my phone but unfortunaly I had to go back to work and have to actually do work rather than sit and play with it.

Upvote 0
Got mine too :) Ended up with a white 32gb, since no blue in stock. I was DEAD WRONG about Best Buy, since not only did they let me get a white 32gb, but said I can return it for a blue 32gb when they get them in. They set everything up and did the buy back for my Razr. Very polite and and thoughtful service :)

I also was just as wrong on the display too, since VZW must have got a bum demo or something messed up, since the G3 I have has very good contrast and brightness. It is a tad dim compared to the Razr, but not mega DIM like the VZW test unit. I am not undertanding that.

4G reception rocks and will test 3G later where I live.

YES, YES, YES. So happy it's working out for you (so far)! Hopefully some of your concerns are laid to rest. We're all expecting you to provide a very thorough review now...

Congrats man!

Reactions: rushmore
Upvote 0
Copied from the other thread I posted incorrectly in:

Still waiting on my June 12th pre-order...I ordered in store, which apparently means that they don't actually ship it to my house, I have to wait for the store to get its stock and then go pick it up. I only found this out when I went in yesterday to ask what the status of my shipment was. Which makes me wonder why I bothered to pre-order in the first place. The rep at the store told me yesterday that it should be in today, and when I went in today he told me to try again tomorrow. Le sigh.

Welcome!

Was this a Verizon CORPORATE store? I ordered at one and they shipped both phones directly to my house. I think this is standard practice. IF it wasn't a corp store though, I think it's standard practice for it to ship to store.

I believe so. My sister ordered a phone in store there about ~3 months ago and it was shipped to our home. Maybe she specifically asked that that be done though, I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
Preordered the 32gb blue, but went to the store and didnt fall in love with it as much as I thought I would. Liked the white better than I thought I would. They only had the white 32gb at the store so thats what I walked out with. Oh yeah - they also price matched the radioshack offer so I got it for $199. Phone is sick. Be able to tell in a few days if I like it better than my MAXX.

Edit: This was at Best Buy btw.

Upvote 0
I have to give Best Buy props, btw. I was ragging on them pretty hard, but once the email came through the in-store experience was phenomenal. The price matched radioshask, no questions asked, and gave me an extra $10 off because, "Oh, I could've sworn I saw it advertised for 649.99, not 659.99. Wink wink."

Phone was activated in store, no problem. They were out of the Otterboxes, unfortunately. I'll have to track one of them down before heading to the shore. All in all, very happy!

Upvote 0
hey everyone i came back to see if this was till alive , and boy am i suprised to see you all, i gotta say 5 days later and 2 gigs of data later i do not regret getting this phone and keeping unlimited, my friends at work are jealous when they take their little iphones and put them next to mine they like insanely small! the screen on my phone is bigger than the iphone itself lol. i even got complements from them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones