• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Version of Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note 4 Get Marshmallow Invite By Mario Caballero | May 8, 2

I have been with VZW almost that long, but I tripped thru the tulips with U.S. West, Sprint ( before it was called that ), Voice Stream ( before someone bought them ), AT&T ( before it was called that ), and a couple of others.
Cricket did not exist in anyone's eyes at those times.

I just kept looking for a carrier, any carrier, that would give me coverage in the rural areas, inside my office buildings, and inside my home..... no matter which one I chose, it seemed they all had severe drop outs.... and this was when a flip phone still had not even arrived yet....

my first phone had a handle on the top of it, and weighed something like 10 lbs??
I would just leave it in the car, and hook the ringer up to the car's horn... good enough for the day.

anyway, U.S. West almost made the grade out in Arizona, but out of Arizona???? forgedabootit.... their roaming contracts were almost none existent.

so, then I got hired by the City of Phoenix and they were with Verizon.... what? a cellphone that works inside an office? count me in, and I never looked back. as a government employee, I got a 15% discount on my service for 20 years.... sadly, they took that away two years after I retired.

Reactions: angelbowler2002
Upvote 0
Figured it out. The Bluelight filter had to be turned off first.

I've come across this security feature before. The blue-light filter is an overlay, and the system will disable controls that have to do with security, such as adding app permissions, as well as installing apps, if there's something else on top of them, e.g. a screen filter app. It's really to try and stop anything malicious attempting to hide or obfuscate them, such as surreptitiously installing apps or sneakily changing app permissions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones