• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ViperRom and logcat

knoober

Android Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
Hi again. Im here this time with trouble flashing the viper rom. I have a few questions from those knowledgable enough.
1) now i know this rom works for the one sv but will it work for the boost variant?

2) when it comes to logcat. I think ive got the procedure, but the dev team asked ( in the xda post) for logcats from those having problems. My problem occurs before the rom installs , so would a logcat even show anything usefull?
3) i read that sensetive information can be in the logcat ... Like what?
As always thanks in advance

Edit: i also noticed that in the additions directory (inside the zip) there he a directory for the cricket that contains a boot img. and system folder. I replaced them with my own boot img abd everything in the system folder with the boost counterparts ( renaming to maintain the sake file structure) then re zipped. Why wont that work either? (also just fyi , this is just a step i took in trouble shooting , all of the above is seperate from this issue)

I was working on bringing it over to Boost Mobile upon request from xpirt a while back, but I had to drop the project and notify xpirt on my decision to walk away from it. I have a new addition to the family on the way so my available time will be dramatically cut back when the arrival happens :).

Upvote 0
It seems congratulations are in order. Just remember that a child's memory should never be flashed and there is no stock images if something gets messed up :)
Secondly I wonder if this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2284985 with info from my stock image would make a working port.
Thirdly if your answer was going to be to try it and find out, I must reply that my dreams of being part dev/ part end-user have wilted. I looked into building cm and it sounds like it may be doable... When I have enough patience to make up for what my hardware lacks. My phone actually beat up my comp the other day. :) So now it's time to play Which Comes First? The Roms or the Unneeded (but really wanted) New Comp? By which I mean someone will probly post it before I get around to a new comp. At least I've got root and a off right?

Upvote 0
Hey I look at the ViperSV rom and I like it. I really want to get started on learning how to make and port roms and stuff like that so i can be some help in the forum if someone can help me or send me a link to a guide so i can start learning about that. If it helps i have a couple other phones that i can work on like an htc wildfire s, a samsung galaxy prevail and rush. and of course The htc one sv from boost.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones