• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin mobile heads up, also would like your opinion on how you would feel

mms1361

Lurker
Nov 2, 2015
Im having problems with my current htc phone. Its still under factory warranty however they want me to pay a $25 replacement fee which i think is stupid. They have always overnighted me a phone or sent a prepaid package in. I dont know if im in some sort of exclusive list. They claimed the manufacturer is imposing the fee on them. I call BS on that. I already spoke to a supervisor and they said they would put a "request to waive the fee" ... But id have to wait up to 72hrs.

On top of this i have an htc desire 816. They want to essentially downgrade me to an lg volt phone because they are out of stock on htc.

I find both actions unacceptable.

Ive been with VM for 6 or 7 years now and im leaning to making a switch if this doesnt get resolved to my satisfaction.

Heres a response i got back via twitter:

I'm sorry but we can only send out a replacement of the same make and model you already have and the $25 fee is a processing fee. Are you supposed to be receiving a call back in regards to the possible waiving of the $25 fee? Justin

I do not like that phone nor do i want to pay a fee. I feel as though theyre not giving me any options.

I remember before i had a problem with a phone and since they were out of stock they gave me credit towards a new phone. I can remember another time that they overnighted me a phone without sending mine back in first.

On top of it all im also basically losing the remainder of my monthly plan due to shipping time of 7 to 10 days.

The replacement fee has been in effect since last year. It's not great when dealing with inexpensive phones, but I can understand that the replacement service they provide isn't cheap.

As of this morning, the LG Stylo is available on Virgin Mobile's website. If you don't want to wait for another Desire 816, that might be a decent replacement for you. Also, since it was just released, your phone would hopefully be new rather than refurbished.

If you are getting a replacement that's different from your original, make sure VM knows. Otherwise you might get a phone with no battery, and then you'd have to wait longer for that to arrive.

Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones