• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Cyanogenmod Apps now available on the play store!

Kasenomateru

Android Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2013
Oh wow, this guy's released DSP Manager + a few other CM apps to the Android public! I love DSP! Fell in love with that EQ when I first rooted my Optimus V eons ago. Thanks, Kasenomateru. :) I'll have to try it on my F3 ASAP.

The person responsible for the CM Apps is the Maarten Dekkers for the original release and Jordan Fisher for making it android 4.1 compatible

I installed the messaging app, but every time I opened it it kept force closing...

I forgot to mention that some of the apps may not work as that is still unknown to as I am not the creator of the apps but I'll find out why

Upvote 0
Hmm I've got DSP manager to at least work

How did you get DSP to work? I tried it as root and non-root. I also tried it with the extra library apk. I tried it several times (including rebooting the phone after DSP was installed), and nothing on my end.

I even tried reinstalling another EQ I was using before DSP. It didn't install, so I'm assuming the DSP library might be stuck in the system and messing with that, or installing DSP might have changed some settings that's preventing another EQ app from working. The EQ in Poweramp still works, but I can't use that anywhere else.

Upvote 0
Oh well. Nice while it lasted. I have no use for the other apps. DSP didn't work for me at all, dunno if being on v6 matters. I have good earbuds and even better headphones in my collection (esp. the Sony MDR-XD200), so I can live without DSP. Will have to look for a eq app that actually works with a stock F3.

This one works for me. Sometimes it shuts off but if you use the widget you can power off and right back on. And stock music app shuts it off sometimes but it works with play music, Pandora YouTube etc. Even makes the notifications and ringtones louder.

http:// https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer

Upvote 0
DSP if it works will only work intermittently. The reason why you can't get it to work right is because your missing a specific lib file inside the lib folder.

IIRC the CM app installer also includes the lib file for DSP. The issue might be the read/write permissions. Here's an article that mentions getting the rw perms correct so DSP can run on stock ROMs. Makes me want to try it again to see if that helps. Probably need to check permissions after installing, then reboot and try DSP afterwards.

Install and Configure DSP Manager on Any ROM | Android.AppStorm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones