• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] LG Optimus F3 MMS/Messaging App

NetSpeedZ

Android Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2012
Southwest
www.romwarez.com
I have only found one messaging app that will send MMS messages on the the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus F3 - that being ChompSMS.

I found it interesting that Textra, even though the developer is the same as ChompSMS, doesn't send MMS messages on the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus F3.

Just curious if anyone else has discovered and confirmed other MMS messaging apps compatible with the LG Optimus F3.

------------

Last edited:
I have only found one messaging app that will send MMS messages on the the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus F3 - that being ChompSMS.

I found it interesting that Textra, even though the developer is the same as ChompSMS, doesn't send MMS messages on the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus F3.

Just curious if anyone else has discovered other MMS messaging apps compatible with the LG Optimus F3.

------------
Gosms pro proply have to go and set the setting manually fortexting and send and revive pics

Upvote 0
I can use ChompSMS. Just looking for something slightly quicker. It bogs down sometimes.

------------

Bogs down for me too on AdvancedStock v8. I corresponded with Textra tech support for quite a while trying to get mms working but we never could get it to work. I place some blame on virgin mobile. I've noticed that it has to break up long text messages which can be really annoying.

Upvote 0
Bogs down for me too on AdvancedStock v8. I corresponded with Textra tech support for quite a while trying to get mms working but we never could get it to work. I place some blame on virgin mobile. I've noticed that it has to break up long text messages which can be really annoying.

I corresponded with Textra support as well and got no where - despite the fact that ChompSMS and Textra are from the same developer. This is what I don't understand and believe it to be a technical issue with Textra more than Virgin Mobile. If ChompSMS works and Textra doesn't, that's a programming issue.

------------

Upvote 0
I corresponded with Textra support as well and got no where - despite the fact that ChompSMS and Textra are from the same developer. This is what I don't understand and believe it to be a technical issue with Textra more than Virgin Mobile. If ChompSMS works and Textra doesn't, that's a programming issue.

------------
Couldn't u manual y put the settings for it some times the auto settings don't work I all ways set mine manually justva thought

Upvote 0
Yeah, I wasn't getting ads before with Ad Away running but now I am :-(
Deleted the new ChompSMS app from System/App and replaced the original from Advanced7 ROM. Does not show ads.

Don't really like ChompSMS but its the only app that will send MMS without changing to 3G.

Thinking about ditching the F3 and going with HTC 816 so I can use 8SMS (my messaging app of choice) without going to 3G every time I need to send MMS. Not sure a messaging app justifies getting a new phone :{

------------

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones