• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Phone is freaking.

Just recently my phone is freaking out on me by unlocking itself and opening the camera app and taking pics and vids by itself....I think my phone is haunted
Apparently the forum is censoring the word spaz...

Sounds to me like you may have a remote access app on your phone, i.e., AndroidLost, etc.

Your symptoms are exactly what AndroidLost can do remotely.

------------

Upvote 0
I hate to pile on but can you say...NSA, lol.

Lol dude I was thinking the same thing...Well there are vids and one pic in my gallery while my phone was in my pocket but idk how my camera recorded them when my display was off and phone was locked. To make things even more strange is that the camera app is not on my lockscreen.

Upvote 0
Hmm well the data on my is encrypted and so is the SD card. I'll run antivirus and see if there is that remote app thingy on my phone...there should be none installed as I only install apps from the store and trusted sites. And I always have adb off. If all else fails I'll use the unbrick method to see of the problems go away.

Update: I ran the antivirus and nothing popped up only 2 threats were the root and unknown sources. I will just run the unbrick tool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones