• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin (or boost) video speeds

bg1287

Jun 6, 2014
Royal Oak, MI
Have a question for you people who have Virgin Mobile or boost, I'm asking about Virgin because I will probably go with them but I know they both use the same network.

How are your video speeds on Virgin Mobile? I watch a lot of youtube while out and about. Is there constant buffering? Because supposedly Virgin/Boost might be limited on video speeds to 3G.

I have an LG Volt which gets 4G LTE most of the time in my area. YouTube videos typically do not buffer much, if at all. A lot will depend on the speeds available and system traffic where you are located. Check the Sprint service or Sensorly maps.

The specs on the phone will also impact buffering. A low-end device will probably deliver poorer service than a mid to high-end one.

Your speed will also get SEVERELY throttled after 2.5 GB of data use in the month and you will have to reset your month or wait it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones