• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Virus that can't be deleted (even with re-flashing rom)

C

chuck51

I think my sony xperia is infected with a very inconvenient virus. It seems like the motherboard is broken but it is not because absolutely nothing happened to the phone when it starts malfunctioning and actually the phone works in safe mode but I might be wrong and the phone is really dead?

So here's the story : Two weeks ago, I put down my fully working phone on my table and two hours later when I wanted to use it the phone was turned off, I tried to turn it on but it immediately shuts off as soon as it's connected to mobile network. If the phone is on airplanemode or without a sim card it works perfectly. What I find weird is that the phone doesn't actually shuts down with the message "powering off" but the display just turns black like the phone is still working.
It's funny because even if the phone was "off" it still managed to use 2 gb of mobile data in two days so that's why i'm thinking there is a virus. Anyway, I tried 3 differents rom (available here : http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/22-sony-xperia-go-st27) and my phone keeps turning off with my sim card but not with another but ONLY with android gingerbread 2.3! I ordered a new sim card and now the phone turns off when i send a message or try to use internet data. Google play won't open also but maybe it's because my android is deprecated. I installed avast antivirus from an apk hosting website but it doesn't detect anything...

What are you guys thinking ? Is my phone dead ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones