• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watch disconnects from phone

thaKing

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2012
Lex Vegas
Me again. As mentioned in this thread I had to reset my network settings on my phone and it reset the watch (4 classic lte). The issue I'm facing at this time is if Ieave my phone at home and walk the dogs, the watch disconnects from the phone.

How do I keep the watch connected to the phone?

Each time it has disconnected, I go to the watch settings and turn wifi on (even if I'm not near the house). It then connects back to the phone (even though it may be a mile away). I believe numbersync is setup properly (I get notifications, calls, etc on the watch). On the watch and phone both Bluetooth and NFC are on.

The watch is connected by wifi or Bluetooth?
Either way, once you get out of range it will disconnect.
Maybe 60 ft.
BT, but I think your assessment is not fully accurate. Before the reset, my watch/phone never disconnected. I never got the icon showing a disconnection. I believe when disconnected I can't make calls, etc from the watch (I can easily test to confirm this).

Upvote 0
According to what's out there, a smart watch can only make calls if it has built-in cellular lte connectivity and a Sim card or esim.
Exactly, and that's exactly what I stated I have. And having it, you can leave the phone at home and make/receive calls on the watch. Now, I need to figure out why it's not acting as so.

Upvote 0
as suggested by @jhtalisman check your lte settings on your watch. if it is set, then i would check in with your provider and see what they say. if you have your watch set to lte and it does nothing as far as connection wise that it most likely on their end. you can try resetting your watch again and see if that helps. other than that talk to your provider.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones