• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weinstein detours to hospital on way to Riker's Island

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
So I read that after the verdict, and on the way to Riker's Island, Harvey had high blood pressure and heart palpitations and was taken to the hospital.

The guy's a mess (both physically and mentally) and while I think many like the idea of him rotting away in jail, I wouldn't be terribly upset if he just died in the near future, maybe like shortly after he is sentenced. For one thing that would end all of the appeals and solidify the conviction, and it would allow his victims some manner of a sooner closure instead of this being rehashed for several more years.

I'm afraid that I've been very suspicious of the way he started to need a zimmer frame just as the trial approached. Reminds me of a famous City fraud trial in the UK where one of the defendents was "diagnosed" with dementia during the trial, then made medical history by recovering after being given a non-custodial sentence on compassionate grounds.

It could be that the stress of being caught has taken a toll on him, in which case he's getting a taste of what he's done to others and it's hard to feel much sympathy. But to be honest, given how convenient the timing of his illness is I'll reserve judgement on whether he's really as ill as he acts unless he actually dies.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones