• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Welcome to the new AndroidForums (Round 2)

SO in the dropdown "trending/recent/new topics" and "all/favorites" that we currently have - which is being worked on to have the chosen setting remembed, you are suggesting a "unread" in the left dropdown.

Apologize if this was suggested before, I'm ... you know, this all is a lot to keep track of, and there's a lot more I'm doing than managing this project, but - that's brilliant and I like it. I will add a ticket for this.

Excellent, thank you!

Ok, and as for the second part - is that section/url something findable on the site, the new theme, or a URL being passed around and no longer a part of this theme?

The latter. I had it bookmarked prior to the site theme changing, and I mentioned it in one of the stickies back when the changes first hit.

Upvote 0
I still see no way to navigate to the last post in a thread. :( Xenforo appends "latest" onto the URL but that doesn't seem to work.

Apparently I can't click a mouse right.

To get to the latest post, click the time stamp under the title.

1m (3w)

... click the 1m.

My bad. Last time I checked that was going to the first post still. :oops:

Awesome! Thank You. The 'last post' functionality is a must for forum browsing for me. Again, I would not have known it was added or updated to work correctly unless it had been mentioned by you great guys.

I am noticing that I am not getting the hyperlink on the timestamp UNLESS I am actively logged in. This is consistent across browsers and devices.
This is a similar issue as I noticed with the blue dot. The blue dot is only present when logged in. I see how the blue dot is dependent upon log in, as that is how it tracks which posts you (your particular individual log in) have or have not read.

I believe that the 'last post' hyperlink on the timestamp has no reason to be trapped behind a 'log-in'. I'd love to see this function available all the time, especially when browsing not logged in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Excellent, thank you!

The latter. I had it bookmarked prior to the site theme changing, and I mentioned it in one of the stickies back when the changes first hit.

Ok, if it's not a part of the current theme I don't want to have work done to it, at the moment. Table this and when things have slowed down with our list, remind me. :)

B6 Report Button

The Report button is missing.

Report and Edit are now in Tools.

Report and Edit are now back as two separate buttons.

... Thom

I had some of the tools put into the tools dropdown at a wider viewport/width so, as you are desktop vs mobile it might look a little different but they should be there one way or another.

Sorry if this has been updated at some point as I only recall it being mentioned once here, what is the status of mouseover thread previews on the main page?

Hm, are they working anywhere for you? They aren't for me. I thought they were elsewhere, and that our dev said he was looking into the hompage, so I forgot to add to list. I will but, heck now they aren't working anywhere for me.

I am noticing that I am not getting the hyperlink on the timestamp UNLESS I am actively logged in. This is consistent across browsers and devices.

Weird, good catch!

Could we get a toggle on mobile chrome that collapses favorites?

I have 4 selected and they take up at least an 8th of a scrolling page.

If not the toggle just make the icons smaller?

Yes this is already in the list in the OP of this thread. We're trying to sort how we want to deal with this.

Upvote 0
Same here, on Chrome, they work but not on the home page.

And, weirdly enough, when I clicked on this thread from the home page it took me to the first post, like I'd never read it before. Clearly I have! I thought that that had happened a few random times before but wasn't sure, now I am.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
Permissions problem in the Post Your Codes forum (http://androidforums.com/forums/post-your-codes.226/)

Last time I checked the threshold was 25 posts. I think I meet that with one or two to spare. :p

upload_2017-3-6_13-9-10.png

Upvote 0
This is a similar issue as I noticed with the blue dot. The blue dot is only present when logged in. I see how the blue dot is dependent upon log in, as that is how it tracks which posts you (your particular individual log in) have or have not read.

I believe that the 'last post' hyperlink on the timestamp has no reason to be trapped behind a 'log-in'. I'd love to see this function available all the time, especially when browsing not logged in.

Fixed!

Upvote 0
Yes it could. In the listing that I posted in the original suggestion they all begin with an identifying source of the comment ... except for the first one. Like I said ... not earth shattering.

... Thom

Needed to choose one color to work for both the notification center and 'all notifications' section of account settings - went with a blue.

Upvote 0
1. Typing "carrier" in the search box returns dozens of different channels all named Unknown Carrier.

2. Are users able to assign or change the channel their post is in? In a browser:
A) Go to the main Devices or Apps and Games from the left side menu.
B) Click Post New Thread
C) There is no option to assign your post to the desired channel, it goes to Devices or Apps and Games with no designation.

Would the ability to select a channel while creating the post be useful?

I can't check if non staff members have to option to click Gear Icon, Edit, and change the channel.

Upvote 0
Yes, it does BUT it also continues to show what's already been read. No need to see what I've already seen :p
The 'new posts' (that I'm using an old link for) simply shows the actual new posts, not previously read ones too.

View attachment 117250 View attachment 117251

You're right, the current homepage does already show all unread threads.

But, to me, continuing to list posts that I have read is just cluttering up the experience. I treat the 'unread posts' list like a to-do list, or my email inbox. If I've read it, I want it out of the way so I can feel like I'm progressing through things. I don't want to have to hit the home page, then go to page 2 or 3 of the threads listed there to find something to read.

So, you're right that this change would not be adding functionality, but I would argue that it would improve the site's usability.

Can you add me to the list of people who use it that way?
Can't we have a button for unread posts, and one for recent posts... we certainly used to manage that way.

@kate and whoever else.. :)

Alright! Done. It's being migrated over shortly so you should see the "unread" show in the left box before too long, that you can choose to use with "all" or "favorites".

Cheers, thanks for the great suggestion!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another low priority item if it makes the list. Could we indicate in thread lists who the last poster is? It's how it used to be.

upload_2017-3-8_9-39-42.png

The avatar of the OP would show up on the left while the username of the last person to post in the thread showed in text. Right now both indicate the OP.

Upvote 0
Another low priority item if it makes the list. Could we indicate in thread lists who the last poster is? It's how it used to be.

View attachment 117386

The avatar of the OP would show up on the left while the username of the last person to post in the thread showed in text. Right now both indicate the OP.

+1. I miss that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones