• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the best tablet I can buy used and then root to Android?

magentawave

Dec 9, 2010
NOTE: Sorry, I just realize I put this in the Amazon Fire forum and meant to post this in the General forum. It seems I'm unable to delete this too. Sorry.

I would like to know who makes the best tablet I can buy new or used that after rooting to Android makes for an awesome and super reliable Android tablet?

For example, Groupon has a deal ending later today for a Koby Kyros 7" Android 2.3 tablet for only $112. Most of the reviews at Amazon are good but about 20% are bad. Or maybe I'll buy a used tablet off of Craigslist and root it?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Hmmm, but I thought running Android from the SD card makes for a very funky slow and unstable user experience. At least I know that was my experience with an HTC HD2 phone before everyone started rooting them to Android. Why would running Android off the SD card be any different with the Nook color?

From what I understand rooting the nook is nice - since it is setup to boot from the SD slot, you can keep cm on an SD card and boot from that without trashing whats installed on the device. (or so I have been told - unfortunately after the Fire shipped)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones