• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is your Favorite game?

CS:S FTW! I only ever play gungame too :p

Portal, HL2 and Halo: CE are some of my favourite games of all time too.

Playing through Braid at the minute and it's awesome :D

gotta say for FPS its Counter Strike: Source (only gungame deathmatch though) I love that game, they need to update it!!!

Source killed CS..... :mad:

They should have upgraded the graphics but left the gameplay the same... Source is so random...

Upvote 0
Its a tie between Streetfighter II for snes and Mortal Kombat II arcade version.... By a long shot!! Ive had colecovision, atari, nes, snes, n64, genesis, dreamcast, ps1 and 2(not 3 tho, kinda got tired of getting new systems every few years lol), xbox and 360 and TONS of games for each, but SFII MKII still rule the roost lol

Upvote 0
Do I say Phantasy Star cuz it was my very first RPG?
Do I say one of the Castlevanias or one of the Zeldas?
Do I say one of the Final Fantasy games?
Do I say Madden cuz I love the way they do football?
Do I say one of the Marios?
Do I say GTA San Andreas?
Do I say Portal 1 and 2?
Do I say Midnight Club Dub Edition and L.A?
Do I say Need for Speed Undercover?
Do I say Metal Gear, the entire series?
Do I say God of War series?

I cant pick 1. At one time I thought Prototype was gonna be my favorite for many months. Too many great games have been released over the years. Right now I can say Portal 2.
- GTA San Andreas on the PS2
- God of War on PS2
- MVP Baseball 2005 onPS2
- Shadowrun on SNES (Jake Armitage was the man)
- Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on SNES
- Metal Gear Solid on PS1

There are plenty more but these 6 will always remain fresh in my memory

And a shout out to Shadowrun on the SNES. Great game.

Upvote 0
Source killed CS..... :mad:

They should have upgraded the graphics but left the gameplay the same... Source is so random...

Agreed. I think my favorite game of all time is CS 1.5/1.6. Definately the game I spent the most time on. The people who tried to say Source took more skill were so full of it. There's a reason why Europe still plays competitive CS and it's on 1.6. Source is so random, not to mention the AK had it's recoil reduced so much in Source to be noob friendly.

Probably the next favorite game was StarFox 64. Something about it just had me always coming back.

Upvote 0
I love the Uncharted series, and absolutely can not wait for Drake's Deception. Also a big fan of the Assassin's Creed series. Waiting to see what inFamous 2 brings to the table. If it can build on the next the way UC and AC did, then this will be the PS3's next great franchise.

Ok, one more. I gotta give a shout out to Brutal Legend. That was a really fun game to play.

Upvote 0
I love playing spot the spammer :D

Here are my favourites:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Megaman Battle Network
Harvest Moon 64
Super Smash Brothers 64

free games online

I've always liked the Fable Series, was a big fan of Halo Reach, Prototype surprised me, never got into WoW but the older WarCraft games and StarCraft were epics. I still to this day enjoy Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 3 from old school Nintendo, I have them both downloaded the Wii. I've liked the God of War series, need to get another PS3 because I really want to check out the Uncharted Series as well as Infamous.

Upvote 0
"back in the day" Herzog Zwei on Sega Genesis was my favorite. Hard to nail it down to one, but if I must.. It was the first RTS and as such no one really knew what to make of it back then (the odd name did not do much to help their case!) I bought it on faith alone (the developer was one of the best) and was very surprised how deep and involving it was, specifically the 2p competitive. Would love to see some kind of true sequel someday, but that will never happen.

Otherwise, the game I play most nowadays is Drop7 on my iPhone (also on Android). The game "looks like nothing," in fact the aesthetic was so dull that when all my friends were getting into it I passed on it for a good year or so. I finally sat down and tried the demo for a few minutes and got totally sucked in. A year and a half later, I probably spend at least 45min a day on that beast. It's the ultimate "5 minutes to kill" game and I don't think I will ever get tired of it...

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Grim Fandango : Large hats , Flower guns ,Grim reapers,pigeons , balloon animals the Excalibur with a compass ,Death mobile......... too many to list :D

Deus Ex : JC Denton.

MDK2 : Janitor to the rescue

Metal Fatigue : Most under rated RTS ,dated too

Supreme Commander :Forged Alliance : Truly Galactic

Dawn of War 40K series.: Innovative gameplay

Trackmania Nations/Sunrise/Forever : Awesome tracks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones