• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What material must the case be made of to at least slightly protect the phone from the cold?

Not sure your going to find a certain material, but there's this product...
PHOOZY Apollo Series Thermal Phone Pouch - AS SEEN ON Shark Tank - Insulated Pouch Prevents Freezing, Extends Battery Life, Drop Proof. Mountain Protection for Skiers Snowboarders (Gold-Medium) https://a.co/d/0ZAJ6E3

Upvote 0
Not sure your going to find a certain material, but there's this product...
PHOOZY Apollo Series Thermal Phone Pouch - AS SEEN ON Shark Tank - Insulated Pouch Prevents Freezing, Extends Battery Life, Drop Proof. Mountain Protection for Skiers Snowboarders (Gold-Medium) https://a.co/d/0ZAJ6E3
Thank you. But I am looking for a material

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I'm guessing Silicone material would be the best insulator against colder temps. A dark color would also aid in absorbing heat when exposed to sunlight no matter the case material. I copied this from the net:
Does silicone case heat up phone?

Silicone and Rubber phone cases do retain heat. They can potentially contribute to the heat build-up in your phone.Aug 31, 2021

Upvote 0
Lets say 2 °C.

A phone should be OK at that temperature. Unless you're trying to charge it at near 0C? Because LiPo batteries don't like being charged at very low temperatures.

FWIW I just use a silicone case, which is mainly for protection though. And I've used phones when the air temperature is -30C and lower.

Upvote 0
Hello,
I know there are solutions like The Puffer Case (or even more extreme). But I am interested in common, more affordable mobile phone cases: what material must they be made of to protect from cold? Polycarbonate (thermoplastic)?
Thank you!

I'm sure "The Puffer Case" is more about fashion than actual protection from extreme cold, just like with puffer coats.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones