• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

I think it's safe to say that I can put away the winter gear until the Start of the next winter season in August :thumbsupdroid: :thumbsupdroid:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428_050747_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_050747_Photos.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
It's overcast here with the temp in the low sixties and very little S. wind. A high of 74° is predicted with the slight chance of rain though out the day with chances increasing tonight. The humidity is 98% which isn't helping to dry out the lawns. It's just about dry enough to mow and I feel up to the task for a change. With some luck, I'll get some of the lawns mowed today. I'm terribly behind. :(

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
It warmed into the low eighties!! Lovin it!! There is a North wind which seems odd gusting into the low twenty miles per hour range. I managed to mow nine more lawns today. I'm getting there. Customers are amazing. They are paying good money to look like better homes and garden and my sickly ways last week left them overgrown and looking quite shabby. Naturally, it takes a lot longer to mow a lawn that has gone without for two weeks and has had lots of rain as well as irrigation. It's near impossible to get them back into stellar shape. Some I've had to mow twice and a couple three times. So much growth and still so wet creates the perfect nightmare for the mow guy. Not a single complaint from my customers. They are some super nice and understanding people.

Upvote 0
I took off for Tennessee this afternoon and I only made it as far as southern Illinois when the wind started blowing the front end on my car around. I stopped and got a hotel room and turned on the news. The weather showed a big loop between St. Louis, southern Illinois and Nashville that had numerous tornado warnings. I'm glad I stopped

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Lots o' tornado watches and thunderboomer warnings, especially overnight. Looks like it will be a pretty lively night in Tennessee...
Has been all week right. Got a little break yesterday to cut my front yard, but my back yard looks like a rain forrest. Looks like this weekend we will get a break from the wet stuff.

Upvote 0
It was a LONG night. Our weather radio almost interrupted one warning with another - we did some closet time during one tornado warning (we were right in the path) and got pummeled with quarter sized hail. Around 3 AM a huge clap of thunder woke us up and every smart bulb in the house lit up brilliant white (which is the default). At 4 AM another warning sounded and dime sized hail hit us. I'll do a walk-around once I get coherent.

Atlanta is about to get smacked with it now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones