• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When I try and install any app from PlayStore, app is stuck in a permanent "Installing" state

Hi

I recently (September, 2015) purchased an LG Tribute phone, which uses Virgin Mobile as the carrier. I have done very little with the phone, however, when I go into the PlayStore, find an app (for example, OpenTable), click "Install" and then click "Accept", the app never installs. There is this loading bar with the "X" next to it, but there is no message to indicate progress or how much percentage of the app is installed. I suspect the install isn't occurring at all because I have left apps overnight to install and I repeatedly see this loading bar without any indication of progress.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this issue further?

- Dave

Hi

I recently (September, 2015) purchased an LG Tribute phone, which uses Virgin Mobile as the carrier. I have done very little with the phone, however, when I go into the PlayStore, find an app (for example, OpenTable), click "Install" and then click "Accept", the app never installs. There is this loading bar with the "X" next to it, but there is no message to indicate progress or how much percentage of the app is installed. I suspect the install isn't occurring at all because I have left apps overnight to install and I repeatedly see this loading bar without any indication of progress.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this issue further?

- Dave
As any carrier employee would ask you to, please power off he device, then restart it. If you continue to have problems, try going into Settings » Apps » Google Play » "Clear Cache" and "Clear All Data". If you continue to have problems, please ensure you have a reliable connection to the data network or a strong connection to your WiFi access point. Google Play requires a minimum of a 1mbps connection speed to download apps.

Upvote 0
As any carrier employee would ask you to, please power off he device, then restart it. If you continue to have problems, try going into Settings » Apps » Google Play » "Clear Cache" and "Clear All Data". If you continue to have problems, please ensure you have a reliable connection to the data network or a strong connection to your WiFi access point. Google Play requires a minimum of a 1mbps connection speed to download apps.

Thanks -- clearing out the app cache and data did the trick.

Reactions: Jonathin_ramos
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones