• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where do you blog?

HallM

Lurker
Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

I was thinking about starting a blog and was wondering if anyone here would be able to give me some advice?

I want to start one up myself, for mostly comic-related nonsense, as well as other general nerdiness (I know that's not really related to this forum but I've been asking anyone I know for their opinion).
Where, if anywhere, do you guys host your blogs? I'm thinking of using 1&1 as I know next to nothing about this kind of thing and it seems pretty basic.

Also, if anyone here has one, please feel free to post a link to your blogs, so I have something to read through later!

Thanks

Where, if anywhere, do you guys host your blogs? I'm thinking of using 1&1 as I know next to nothing about this kind of thing and it seems pretty basic.
There are different ways to go about it. You can host the blogging software on your own domain, or you can use a service that hosts it for you. I do both.

On one of my domains, I've installed Wordpress and am using that--and like it a lot. For my other domains, I'm using Blogger--and have for years, and am really quite pleased with it. Google hosts that for you for free, and they do all the upgrading, maintenance, backing up, etc. So it really depends on personal preference.

If you have no compelling reason to start paying for domain registration and web hosting other than blogging, you might just want to go the Blogger route. But if you want your own domain anyway, you can install blogging software there and see which you like (there are a number available, but I've only tried Wordpress).

Also, if anyone here has one, please feel free to post a link to your blogs, so I have something to read through later!
Here's one hosted on Blogger.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones