• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where does Play Store put downloaded books?

KathyJM

Jan 16, 2012
UK
When I download Ebooks onto my Samsung tablet, I want to read them with the Alkido reader app.

However I can't import the books to Alkido because I can't find them! Can I set a preferred download location? Or can someone tell me where they might be (they're not in Device Storage/Download).

Books purchased through the Google Play Store are intended to be used with Google Play Books. They don't download in a portable e-book format like .epub.
Depending on the book, you may be able to manually download it in a format compatible with the e-reader of your choice, but you'll need to do that from your computer. You can find out more about that process here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/179863

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones