• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which app uses a solid white heart in the notification bar?

Curious071

Lurker
May 24, 2020
Hi does anyone know what app uses the solid white heart in the notification bar?
My partner sent me a screenshot and i saw it in the notification bar.
Its not the 'we heart it' app as i checked and the heart shape is different

Attachments

• 20200525_015603.jpg
    20200525_015603.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 903
I did ask him.
He said it was notifications he's getting on his phone when he's watching free movies on a website called m4free.fun.movies as he has to press allow to watch the movies..
But you certainly wouldn't get notification in your notification bar if you don't have an app would you?
websites can send you notifications and alerts if you allow them to. they will usually ask if you would like to receive these notifications or not when you first enter the site as a popup.

it is why when asking what a specific icon is, it is really hard for us to answer. if you factor in that there are millions upon millions of apps where most of them have a notification icon AND then you add these website notifications.....it really makes it hard to recognize what icon goes with what.

the true way to know is to look into the phone's notifications to determine what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: tommo47
Upvote 0
It is possible for websites to send notifications to Android devices.

"Push notifications on your phone or tablet are no longer the domain of native apps. With Chrome version 42, Google added the ability for websites to send notifications to an Android phone. Don't get too upset if you're already getting inundated with interruptions from apps all day long.20 Apr 2015"

Source: Google search.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones