• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Inventor Which is the best OS to choose in Android Studio?

Gleis

Lurker
Jun 15, 2020
Hey guys!
I was just wondering, which is the best OS to choose when opening a new project in Android Studio?
Is there any other difference, except for the numbers of users using that specific operating system?
And which one you recommend me use?
Editied : OS=Minimum API level

Last edited:
Older/lower API levels will allow more (older) devices to use your app. Newer/higher API levels will let your app use newer features.

As of August, Google will only allow new apps in Google Play which target API level 29 - but there's no restriction on the minimum API level your app can support. But maintaining support for older API levels can get complicated.

So you need to find a happy medium among supporting a wide variety of devices (older API level), enabling the newest platform features (higher API level), and simplifying maintenance of your code base (that is, supporting a limited number of older API levels).

https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/target-sdk

Upvote 0
Older/lower API levels will allow more (older) devices to use your app. Newer/higher API levels will let your app use newer features.

As of August, Google will only allow new apps in Google Play which target API level 29 - but there's no restriction on the minimum API level your app can support. But maintaining support for older API levels can get complicated.

So you need to find a happy medium among supporting a wide variety of devices (older API level), enabling the newest platform features (higher API level), and simplifying maintenance of your code base (that is, supporting a limited number of older API levels).

https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/target-sdk

Configuring your app to target a recent API level ensures that users can benefit from these improvements, while still allowing it to run on older Android versions.
How can I do that?

Upvote 0
Well, thanks a lot for your help!!
I'm a newbie app dev , and when I finish all the tutorials that I have in plan to watch, I will start building my own app that in the time talking its almost done designing. Until that time comes I won't get deeper into this stuff .
But if anyone wants to answer the question , please do it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones