• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which phone(s) to replace MetroPCS Samsung S5 and J3 ?

AppleUser

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2011
I have a Samsung S5 and J3 on MetroPCS. Love the replaceable batteries, and the S5 has induction charging with the addition of a $10 wafer attachment on the battery.

Which MetroPCS phone or phones do you recommend which are better than these two phones? Would like the same sizes and replaceable batteries.

Thank you.

There aren't many current Metro phones with removable batteries, I don't think any have wireless charging.
Moto-5 eplay and LG Aristo 2 are removable, can't confirm any others.
I also couldn't say if either of these will otherwise meet your requirements.
I recently replaced my S5 after 5 years and although I'm also a fan of removable batteries I looked at other things as well and went with an S9. I suggest you do more research and look at the complete feature set and specs of the available devices to make an informed decision.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones