• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has received their prizes?

Thanks for doing that Phases....maybe i got lost in the sysem, too! Quentyn is the one who notified me, but I havent wanted to email back directly cause its too pushy. I sent an email through the website but got no response. My fiance and my sister got into phandroid during the contest, and since they werent veteran readers like me, they now think the contest was a scam (what phandroid would be scamming me for, who could say, lol...get my address and mail bomb me with postcards?). I keep insisting that waiting for prizes seems reasonable....it is free stuff, for crying out loud! It wouldnt be on my top priority list, as a sender. Now I cant wait to throw my stuff in their paranoid faces!

Ramen: I am honestly not sure what I won. My e-mail said I won the contest for Dec 19th, and the prize package for that day included a fire and galaxy nexus, along with the other standards (seido voucher, texting gloves...), but it was all a bit confusing to me. I guess Ill find out when it arrives!

Upvote 0
I figured that with the busyness of the Happy Holidroid contests, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, there would be some delay.

Yes, that prize package sounds right. Awesome that you got the Nexus Galaxy! I won "just" a Fire, but that certainly made my day! I look forward to reading on it and testing mobile Web design testing.

Upvote 0
Hey folks. Apologies for all of the delays in sending prizes. This is by FAR the largest scale contest we've ever done, and it doesn't help that I was away for several weeks and the posting, winner-naming, contacting, and shipping duties were split between 4 other people. A logistical mess for sure.

I'm going to get this sorted out in the next couple days. Feel free to follow up with me directly at my name at phandroid dot com. I will respond. I won't have an answer immediately, but if you are indeed a rightful winner and haven't received your prize(s), you will.

Upvote 0
I haven't heard anything, either. I emailed Rob the day he asked us to follow up, then two weeks later. I'll email him again this Thursday, which will be four weeks from his posting in here and a month and a half after we started this thread.

Honestly, it's getting depressing. Each day, I hope the package will come, but each day it doesn't. And it's been more than three months since I won.

Has any contest-winner received their prizes yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones