• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who to notify about a down/degraded cell Tower

storageman

Jan 12, 2012
I have VM, and on Monday, my entire neighborhood and beyond had a major power failure. Power was restored yesterday late morning, but since the power failure, I have minimal 3g coverage and almost No voice signal. Before the Power failure, I had strong 4g and strong Voice signal. Went up to the corner of my street where the Cell tower is and within 300' I get 4g and also get a decent voice signal. It looks like the tower is running in a degraded mode. Who do you contact to get these things fixed ? VM ?

Under normal circumstances I would say contact VM. In this case I think a bit of patience may be necessary to allow all systems to restore themselves from what you described as a "major power failure." The equipment may have gone into a safe mode designed to continue to provide basic emergency communication capabilities at the expense of higher technological uses (data) or otherwise need special care to bring it back up to normal operating capacity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones