• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why can't I copy files between folders

metroidRoid2

Sep 30, 2017
I have an LG G6. The USB cable is connected to my Surface Pro 4 which is running Windows 10. I have File Explorer open so I can view the files on my LG G6.

On my G6, I download a PDF file and see it appear in File Explorer on my PC. I renamed the downloaded PDF file, then I copied it. I went to another folder on my G6 and tried to paste but it didn't work. I got a tone when I tried pasting the file which indicated that I couldn't paste it.

Why can't I copy files between folders on my G6?

I have an LG G6. The USB cable is connected to my Surface Pro 4 which is running Windows 10. I have File Explorer open so I can view the files on my LG G6.

<br>

<br> On my G6, I download a PDF file and see it appear in File Explorer on my PC. I renamed the downloaded PDF file, then I copied it. I went to another folder on my G6 and tried to paste but it didn't work. I got a tone when I tried pasting the file which indicated that I couldn't paste it.

<br>

<br> Why can't I copy files between folders on my G6?
Any errors come up?

Is it possible it doesn't have space?

Are you changing the pdf many to something the phone can't take?

I found with my phone that it doesn't always let me put file on using a computer, an error comes up saying that my phone won't read the file, the way i go around that, i took out my sd and put it directly into comp. Now i was able to paste whatever i wanted and most of it worked in the phone

Upvote 0
First, make sure that you have your phone in MTP mode (file transfer) It will be in the drop down notification when you plug in your phone. If the folder you tried to copy the file to is owned by an app, rather than one you created using File Explorer, then you might not have the right permission to write to it. If you are copying it to an external SD card, make sure it's not write protected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones