• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why can't I transfer all my music?

Canesfan

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2011
the Desert
Just got a new 32 gig memory card, inserted it in my Mac., and attempted to download all my iTunes music to it. It showed it was successful. Then I inserted the card into my Note 4 after deleting all my previous music files, and loaded them.

It still shows I obtained about 90 tunes short of my total 1400+ iTunes songs. While I realize some songs may not transfer as they're protected, is there a better way to do this, and obtain virtually all of them?

Thanks, in advance.

Last edited:
Check out "SD Insight"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi

First and always with any new sd card, check that it's not a counterfeit.

Formatting sd cards on a Mac is hit or miss. If you did that, either get the formatter from sdcard.org or just format it on your phone.

When transferring iTunes music from a Mac, retain the album/folder organization - if you put that many songs into a single folder on the sd card, the FAT32 filesystem is going to struggle something fierce.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones