• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will Blackberry Passport work with Metro PCS?

愚か者

Lurker
Sep 27, 2017
I am a fool when it comes to these type of things. I already matched the frequency and the types of blackberry and what Metro PCS (T-mobile) supports and for the most part it matches. My concern is that I would have to cut my SIM and fit it into a the blackberry and find out it doesn't work, then I would have wasted not only money on the phone but also the fact that I need a new SIM for my old phone. I don't understand how that IEMI and other stuff is needed to activate. Just simply buying an unlocked phone is not enough? Thanks.

Yes it will work just fine... I used an AT&T BB Passport recently on my T-Mobile service (same as Metro) without any problems where coverage was present.

The BB Passport doesn't support LTE bands 12 or 66, so some time in not so distant future you may have a few dead zones.

And do yourself a favor, spend the $10 and buy yourself a new SIM, don't butcher up an old one!

Upvote 0
The Blackberry Passport like most recent phone takes a nano-SIM, so if your current SIM isn't, it will need to be punched out, or you maybe able obtain an appropriate sized replacement SIM from your carrier. Although all recent SIMs I've seen in last year or so can already be pressed-out to nano-SIM size, no trimming or punches needed.

Reactions: 愚か者
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones