• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will we be getting 4.1.2 today?

There is plenty major coming with it, but in terms of bug fixes and cleaned up code, not feature changes or additions. If you want it just compile it. It's there for anyone who wants it and doesn't feel like waiting.

Unless there are some serious bugs in 4.1.1, I don't think any of it qualifies as "major". For the N7, the big change is they allow the home screen to rotate, but that's not really a 4.1.2 thing as much as just the way the N7's build is configured.

Upvote 0
According to the news articles I've been casually glancing at, it's already hitting Nexus 7 devices.

It hit the N7 because carriers don't get any say in the Nexus 7 updates. It's a wifi only device and since Google developed and launched 4.1 on it, there was nothing that needed changing. For phones it's quite different. Carriers will want to update their version to run with their stuff and run it through their own testing and QA program.

From what I know, it's nothing more than bug fixes, performance improvements, and to allow auto rotation to the N7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones