• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless or true wireless earbuds?

My old earbuds broke and i have been looking into getting bluetooth pair. However, im on the fence about whether or not i should get wireless earbuds (bluetooth but theres a wire connecting the 2 buds) or true wireless (2 induvidual buds and a charging case).

So im looking for 2 things:
1. What do you think is more worth while? Wireless or true wireless?
2. If you have any recommendations of either type. My budget is about $100 USD
My main 3 concerns are battery, sound, and durability.
For reference my old pair was a skullcandy smokin buds 2, which isnt too hard to beat.

Thanks

My old earbuds broke and i have been looking into getting bluetooth pair. However, im on the fence about whether or not i should get wireless earbuds (bluetooth but theres a wire connecting the 2 buds) or true wireless (2 induvidual buds and a charging case).

So im looking for 2 things:
1. What do you think is more worth while? Wireless or true wireless?
2. If you have any recommendations of either type. My budget is about $100 USD
My main 3 concerns are battery, sound, and durability.
For reference my old pair was a skullcandy smokin buds 2, which isnt too hard to beat.

Thanks
Well I have my Sony Playstation Portable Wire ones, not so sure on how much they cost, though techincally I think I got them for around 15$, camed with a "Welcome package" that included my memory card, as well as cloths to clean the screen. But they lasted oh since I had them in 2000. Still they are pretty amazing noise cancelation too :)

The true wireless ones, I have are my phoax hearing aids, they did cost a bundle, though I am happy that I can finally expand my hearing abilities too :) I still go with wired ones, since you can pick them up after you accidently unplugged with your device :)

Upvote 0
The only 'true wireless' I've seen so far are either Apple Airpods or knock-off Airpods. And with the knock-offs the battery life was stated as only been 2 hours on the box.

I have wired Bluetooth IEMs, which the battery lasts all day continuously playing. Paid 200 yuan CNY, and they sound very good as well.

Which model are they if you dont mind me asking

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones