• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Word Suggestions since JB update

Prso9

Jun 12, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm having a bit of a problem since the upgrade. As soon as I hit the letter T, the word timeline appears, then if I follow that up with H, the word changes to Thrace. If I then start a new word and type H, either gr8, b.s or u.s. appear.

These are only a couple of words that I noticed this problem with.

The other problem is when I type up a text, I like to read over it and if there is a mis-type, I can press the word and suggestions appear in the bar above the keyboard, which I then select to replace that word. When I'm on the internet or typing an email up, when I go back and read and try to change the word, suggestions do not appear when I click on a word.

I can understand that things change, but for gr8 or b.s. or u.s. to appear when I select the letter H, is not acceptable. The examples are only the ones that I have come across so far. Considering how often people use their keyboard's on their phones, it's got to be improvements only. I then discovered last night, when I type the word to, it changes it to Y2k, there's just no logic to this. I have attached some screen shots and if anyone can tell me that there is a setting I am missing, that would be great! I started off by having all the boxes ticked and when I removed the ticks, there was not change.

Attachments

• The.JPG
    The.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 78
  • The1.JPG
    The1.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 90
  • To.JPG
    To.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 93
  • He.JPG
    He.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 60
  • He1.JPG
    He1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Settings.JPG
    Settings.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Settings1.JPG
    Settings1.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Settings2.JPG
    Settings2.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones