• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XFL 2023

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
I have yet to watch a XFL game but plan to this year. Two Ex Steelers are coaching teams this year. Rod Woodson head coach for the Vegas Vipers and Hines Ward head coach for the San Antonio Brahmas. I have no idea what I'll be watching. Is the game structured the same with NFL rules? Do we get instant replay and a dozen reviews? I'm new to this XFL football. I'm a big college basketball fan so that has taken up most of my Saturdays in the past. I plan to work in some of the games even if I have to record them or watch them on ESPN+. Here is a link to the XFL schedule.

I have yet to watch a XFL game but plan to this year. Two Ex Steelers are coaching teams this year. Rod Woodson head coach for the Vegas Vipers and Hines Ward head coach for the San Antonio Brahmas. I have no idea what I'll be watching. Is the game structured the same with NFL rules? Do we get instant replay and a dozen reviews? I'm new to this XFL football. I'm a big college basketball fan so that has taken up most of my Saturdays in the past. I plan to work in some of the games even if I have to record them or watch them on ESPN+. Here is a link to the XFL schedule.
how do they not have a team for L.A. or New York? 2 of the biggest markets with no teams? i'll take a wait and see approach. if they offer streaming for free, i might catch a game or two.

Upvote 0
how do they not have a team for L.A. or New York? 2 of the biggest markets with no teams? i'll take a wait and see approach. if they offer streaming for free, i might catch a game or two.
It is odd that some of the bigger markets are without a team. I would think the midsize markets might have an interest as well. I live in Kansas and though we claim the Chiefs as our own.. they are a Missouri team. Wichita is the largest city in Kansas. Just saying.....

The XFL picked the small viewing window between the NFL and MLB. Basketball is in full swing but at least the competition that's airing is a bit less. I don't watch NHL but I guess it's taking up air time that could be used for the XFL. I didn't pay much attention to the schedule but would think that some of the games will make the ESPN channels and maybe an idle network a few times.

Reactions: AugieTN and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
i might watch a Vegas Viper game, since that is the closet team to me.

i'm curious to see what the Rock will bring to this iteration of the league. i wonder what level of talent they are able to bring in. will it be more like glorified college games? it has to be a high scoring league in order to attract excitement, so i am curious as to how they will address that.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
That's a good thing. I would hate to watch a football game that looked like WWE.
wasn't the Rock a wwe wrestler? LOL
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Upvote 0
XFL rule differences compared to the NFL
There are no kicked extra points. Instead, teams decide to go for one, two or three points after a touchdown. One-point tries are from the 2-yard line, two-point tries are from the 5-yard line and three-point tries are from the 10-yard line.
i guess this is not a kicker's league........LOL
Mascot Kicker GIF by Crash Bandicoot

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
I don't see XFL packing the stands. I'm not sure commercials can sufficiently pay for the game to be aired. Both are huge hurdles to be jumped.
I don't mind watching. It would be more fun if I had a care for which team wins and knew more players. It will be hard for me to give up college basketball to watch the games. I will admit that it's more fun to watch than golf or tennis for me.

Upvote 0
It started this weekend , they had 2 games Saturday and 2 games Sunday and i only missed 1.... there are some aspects about it that i don't like but i'm just glad to have some more Football. The USFL will start soon also.
I couldn't figure out the kickoff rules but I didn't mind it. I liked the point after difference. I enjoyed the the game and a half I watched. I'll watch more. I'm never tired of football. I need to watch more XFL so I know some of the players and have a favorite team to root for. That would make the game a lot more fun for me. I'll watch some USFL too. It will be new to me as well. Without the MLB package this year, I'll be scrambling for sports to watch.

Reactions: Bearsyzf
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones