• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Xposed Framework + VirtualSensor for VR games/apps

First of all, has anyone tried using Xposed Framework for the G Stylo? I have the VM version, rooted and locked down at 5.1.1.

If Xposed works for you, has anyone tried using the VirtualSensor module? I received a Cynoculars VR unit as a Christmas gift. So far, I can only view videos that are created in a stereoscopic format. I can't do anything else with it. None of the VR apps work because of the lack of a hardware gyroscope built into the phone.

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to ask my brother to return the thing for a refund, though I'd probably keep it anyway for stereoscopic VR/3D. The included Bluetooth controller may be useful for other games and apps.

First of all, has anyone tried using Xposed Framework for the G Stylo? I have the VM version, rooted and locked down at 5.1.1.

If Xposed works for you, has anyone tried using the VirtualSensor module? I received a Cynoculars VR unit as a Christmas gift. So far, I can only view videos that are created in a stereoscopic format. I can't do anything else with it. None of the VR apps work because of the lack of a hardware gyroscope built into the phone.

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to ask my brother to return the thing for a refund, though I'd probably keep it anyway for stereoscopic VR/3D. The included Bluetooth controller may be useful for other games and apps.

I use the VirtualSensor xposed module. May not work for all VR apps, but I think it does the job. I'd use the module and keep the gift. [emoji4]

Last edited:
Reactions: daffyducknj
Upvote 0
I use the VirtualSensor xposed module. May not work for all VR apps, but I think it does the jib. I'd use the module and keep the gift. [emoji4]

Yeah, I got it to work. I even got Cardboard to work with my phone! That's great, as many mobile web sites that have Cardboard VR support will run through my unit. The Bluetooth controller does work with some non VR/3D games. Not bad for $19. :)

Reactions: bkttk2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones