• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youth MMA - Kids In Cages

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
A&E has a show on tonight called Kids In Cages. It's about the youth MMA program. Young boys and girls knocking the crap out of each other. Some how they call it safe, and the parents get their kids into it. If you get a chance to watch here's the link Watch Kids in a Cage | A&E

I can't believe the parents get their kids involved in this.

Reactions: ocnbrze
My son wrestled from six years old through high school. That can be a pretty brutal sport if you aren't any good at it. There is a ref on the matt that will stop any potentially dangerous hold. It's a far cry from MMA.. sheesh! That's way over the top for my taste.
I won't be watching. Are the parents in the stands like proud owners of a prize cock at a cockfight? Turns my stomach.

Upvote 0
My son wrestled from six years old through high school. That can be a pretty brutal sport if you aren't any good at it. There is a ref on the matt that will stop any potentially dangerous hold. It's a far cry from MMA.. sheesh! That's way over the top for my taste.
I won't be watching. Are the parents in the stands like proud owners of a prize cock at a cockfight? Turns my stomach.

I agree with you. I wrestled in Jr High and High School and it's a far cry from this Youth MMA fighting

Upvote 0
I never wrestled but as a good parent, I was supportive. I ran the junior club and then ran the wrestling booster club in high school. I would brag about his wrestling but it would sound like parent BS :) But he wrestled in multiple states and always wrestled his age group (2 years) and wrestled up an age group. The point is.... I saw a million matches through the years. I only saw a few injuries besides hurt pride. Nothing like a MMA match.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
We only got our son into wrestling for at six years old he thought he was the biggest baddest kid in town. Our thought was to teach him a lesson but instead we taught him a discipline. He proved to be as bad as he thought he was but he gained respect for competing and for his opponents. He trained hard and paid his dues for his success. Perhaps it is much the same for MMA fighting. I have no clue. I've watched a few adult matches and it seemed like whoever didn't get their head ripped off was the winner. I honestly haven't followed the sport enough to make the judgement I posted above. My son would have loved competing in MMA. He took up boxing after college and loved it. I understand that some kids as well as adults have an unsatiable desire to compete. I hope the kids MMA has rules in place to keep the kids safe. As an outsider from the sport, I don't think it's a kids thing and I don't think it's something that should be on TV.

Upvote 0
.....I hope the kids MMA has rules in place to keep the kids safe.......

They try to push that on the show, by saying Doctors are there, there are no face shot....etc...

Then you watch the show and you'll see head shots, match stopped due to a groin kick, Father teaching his son with a dummy,telling him kick him in the liver, liver shot....etc....

It's not like High School wrestling. It reminded me of the parents that go crazy at little league football and beat up the referee. or fight with the other parents.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones