• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zenithink ZT-180 1GHz 10" tablet

cannot move apps to sd card ... get 'failed to move applications'... does not matter what software I use

also, this unit has two sd card slots, only one will be recognized at a time...does not matter what size...tried 8 and 16 gig...
also, can not 'root' this unit, can not 'update' either...

watch out for this one...similar to ZT180

Upvote 0
Angry Birds work perfectly on my ePad ZT-180 v2.

Internet Browser + YouTube + AngryBirds ... alone justify the sense of this tablet.

I've seen it working on other pads in videos, but all I get is the "-18 unknown error" I get on 1/3 of my downloads.

Spent an hour troubleshooting. waste of time.

The new Beta of Flashplayer 10.2 for 2.2 doesn't install either.

I think I just bought an eReader.

Upvote 0
Here's my video hope this helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QX4-rZOatI You can also go here to see how to do it Wiki:ZT-180v2 FAQ - Wiki

Thanks ...

This works fine also for my Tablet ;)

It works only when a video is playing (YouTube, or other video player) ... it does switch to the video under playing resolution in HDMI, I have seen quite nice a home HD video, displayed at 1920x1080 :cool: ... still my TV play natively and better these content ... so not much use of it .. just for test :D

It is a pity it does not work HDMI for show the normal screen on big tv ... would have been nice to play angry birds on maxi tv :D

Since people report mixed information about this tablet ... I think first it must be clarified if they have the 1st or 2nd version (2nd version has 512mb ram) ... and if they updated to latest FW

I did install a different photo/media player .. default gallery ... was not working fine to me ... too slow, often crash ... I got a free QuickPict (or something named similar) ... and now it is much better for see photos ...

I'm going to present to my grand-ma this tablet ... and show video and photo after adding a 16gb memory card, is my main aim for the gift.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

Reactions: gewhitt1
Upvote 0
I've seen it working on other pads in videos, but all I get is the "-18 unknown error" I get on 1/3 of my downloads.

Spent an hour troubleshooting. waste of time.

The new Beta of Flashplayer 10.2 for 2.2 doesn't install either.

I think I just bought an eReader.

Maybe you have an wlan problem ... range is very poor ...

I never got any download fail on my tablet ... but I need to sit no more then 3 meters far away from the WLAN router :mad:

Upvote 0
The latest version firmware (for the v2) has a working flash player (10.1). It also clears up a lot of the issues with the sd card.

The flash download on the zenithink site also has an older version of Angry Birds, no reason to install that as the latest Market version works just fine. Flash will only work (as far as I can tell) with the inbuilt browser and not any others, like Dolphin.

Flash download - http://dl.dbank.com/c0wad029wg
Firmware download - http://dl.dbank.com/c0h005u7qk

I have been running on it for 3 days with no known issues.

Upvote 0
Maybe you have an wlan problem ... range is very poor ...

I never got any download fail on my tablet ... but I need to sit no more then 3 meters far away from the WLAN router :mad:

WLAn is fine, I download the full .apk file, it just cannot install. Not important enough to spend time.

Kindle works great. It's fine, but if someone were to consider buying one, get the cheapest price, because any claims of 'support' from current retailers is moot.

Upvote 0
The latest version firmware (for the v2) has a working flash player (10.1). It also clears up a lot of the issues with the sd card.

The flash download on the zenithink site also has an older version of Angry Birds, no reason to install that as the latest Market version works just fine. Flash will only work (as far as I can tell) with the inbuilt browser and not any others, like Dolphin.

What Zenithink site? US site is down.

Upvote 0
Hello all, first post here at android forums. I bought a zt-180 (elonex etouch) it's a 2GB, 256mb. I like it however it crashes a lot, generally it will freeze / hang pretty much once every 10 minutes or so. I have tried the original elonex firmware and also the 0120 Froyo and 0117 Eclair but still instability and crashing just doing normal things like browsing / downloading / opening and closing apps. In terms of expectations for this device - does everyone's crash this frequently or should I take it back for a replacement? Thanks.

Upvote 0
You may need to reformat it.

I'm using my Pad for most internet reading, ebooks, some news apps, mp3 player, Youtube.

Youtube in HD is working very well. Reading is fine.

Some buttons on web sites don't work in the browser, which is a PITA. I contacted Zenithink US once and got a very arrogant reply about support and why I shouldn't buy direct from Asia...then they disappeared. The Chinese site is impossible to navigate unless you know Chinese.

The camera is pointless, the SD card is flaky (USB works fine). I can't get more than 3 hours/charge and the WiFi Antenna is awful. The touch screen is very frustrating -it will sense location off by up to 1/2 inch.

Overall, hate to say it, but I would have been much better off with a used iPad. This may change in a few months when serious Android tablet apps are available, but even now, the latest version of "Angry Birds" won't install, and many installs that require hardware recognition don't work. This says that no one has this device on their development radar.

I regard it as slightly better than a Kindle, but not a serious pad.

I did format my old 4gb card, and tried it, still no luck. Have not bought the new SD card yet. Are you saying new SD card need format (using the pad) before 1st use?
I could not format the old card using the pad, it it does not see the drive.. as if nothing there..It asked if want to format, and give all the warning before format, but never really format it. I format using the cell.

Upvote 0
Ok, I figured this all out. It wasn't easy interpreting the "Chinglish" from that website.

The Zenithink site has two files at the links above. Both need to be downloaded via PC and expanded from the rar files into one file folder named "ZT update".
2 files rar> 2 folders unzipped> take files from ZT image and place in "ZT update".

This folder and files need to be transferred to the device's _external_ SD card (use "copy").

---Back up all files to ext SD card or USB, because the whole internal card will be reformatted--

You power on the device holding down the "Back" button -the device should see the update on the SD card. It will then run the upgrade -do nothing until it stops (~10 min.). Better to keep the device plugged in.

The new OS has a black menu bar, and it's immediately about 30% faster. You need to recalibrate the screen, setup wifi, etc., all from scratch.

Now, you can load Adobe Flash 10.1 (but not 10.2). Also from the Zenithink site.

You can then download angry birds or whatever from market, but make sure the SD card is unmounted.

With the latest firmware, 0312, Flash now works...kinda..framerate is crap, images very blocky. However, you can now browse all Flash-based sites, which is something you can never do with an iPad.
Skype beta is now loaded, but I can't get it to work.

OS is better -black menu bar, volume keys in menu bar work, settings key is now in the main keys. It's faster.

Better Keyboard 8 no longer works, but 7 does.

My 4 year old thinks Angry Birds is "pretty cool". We'll pretend I'm teaching him about physics.

Upvote 0
Reactions: kitemanic
Upvote 0
Hello. I am trying to connect with my 3g modem to my Zenithink-zt180 (Android TABLET)

The problem is when i click on Settings>Wireless&Networks>Mobile networks ( under the mobile network line it says "Set options for roamin,networks ,APNs) and that is what i want to access, but when i click on it it just appears like this :

3G net
open and use 3g net <-- It's possible to click on a button here - it goes green and it says "preparing, try again later"

3G device
3G net card information <----When i insert the 3g modem, the name of the modem comes up under "3g net card information"

I would really appreciate help in how i can access the roamin,network,apn thing under the "mobile network"

Thanks!

Upvote 0
HELP, my zenithink zt180 has died on me
This morning i opened it up and got the usual messages,
app XXX is not working, click close to close or wait (words to that effect)
app yyy " " " " " " " "
Its been getting worse for that on startup. Anyway the whole thing froze, i couldnt get anything to work so i reset it
BUT
it shows the EPAD message, then goes to the Penguin (is it a penguin) then to
Android with the cursor flashing then nothing !!
I had reset it numerous times, tried it with the power on and power off etc and nothing
Anyone got any ideas ?
Thanks
Stan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones