• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Radiant Developer Tools - CWM-UNBRICK-ROMS-KERNELS-KERNEL SOURCE- AND OTHER

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hroark - STILL having trouble with CWM unless using the .bat file via Win7. Was able to "push" CWM to my VS920 via ADB but recovery area is different in the Radiant. Would the same commands work if the differences were adjusted for the ZTE? If so, can you confirm the recovery address? My info says it's mmcblk0p16.
What I used (successfully) for the VS920 (LG Spectrum 4G) was:

adb push cwm_touch.img /sdcard/cwm_touch.img
adb shell
su
mount -orw,remount /dev/block/system /system
rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
dd if=/sdcard/cwm_touch.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

Thanks in advance.

-squat

change the dd line to this

dd if=/sdcard/cwm_touch.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Upvote 0
hi,Friend,I'm a student from China,I'm looking forward to the new cm11 of hroak13,but i met some problems,for example,the camera,the headphone,and the flashlight. now i use 4.1ROM of you, coordinate apex launcher and exposed ,very very beautiful,but RAM changed smaller, i think the ROM have many unnecessary APP,so i hope you make a simplify ROM,like cm11.so that the RAM will change big,I'm appreciate it if you do it,thankyou. my QQ is 997705898,let's make friend.you can use QQ international,sorry,my English is poor,thank you again.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have been following your thread on the Z740 Radiant/Sonata and all the developer tools you have created for it. Great job on all the progress!

I have a Z740 ZTE Sonata from Cricket Wireless that I have just successfully rooted using Kingo. I followed the instructions on your thread for installing the device drivers for the phone, and I installed them to the computer. Next, I tried to run both the install_z740_cwm and install_z740_cwm_tch files, but all that happens is the phone reboots (no bootloader screen shown, only a red light) and the computer prompts me to install device driver files for "Android Device". When I try to install any of the drivers in your ZIP or search for them in Windows Update it says "The drivers could not be found." I end up having to take the battery out of the phone to reset it, and CWM has not installed when the phone boots up.

Do you think this might be because the Sonata has some differences in the architechture or drivers? I have searched Google for two hours about this and the only help I can find is in your threads! It's great my phone is rooted but if I can't install a custom recovery then there's no real point in flashing ROMs or any other risky behavior... thanks for any help you can provide and keep up the great work!

-Matt

Upvote 0
So this is a really newbie question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

If I update my zte 740 with this kernel etc... Assuming all goes well, Will it work better than my existing phone or is it still under development to the point where I'm better off leaving well enough alone. I.e. Does the camera work etc...?

And if so, will it be running 4.4, or does that require the cryomag part to be functioning?

Basically this is the phone I'm stuck with, I want to get the most out of it. I'm trying to figure out if the status of development here makes it worth my time to learn how to do all of this, or if it needs to be further along before I dip my toe in. Ideally I would like to get to 4.4 up and running.

Any thoughts from those who have gotten it to work on the advantages of moving forward?

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have been following your thread on the Z740 Radiant/Sonata and all the developer tools you have created for it. Great job on all the progress!

I have a Z740 ZTE Sonata from Cricket Wireless that I have just successfully rooted using Kingo. I followed the instructions on your thread for installing the device drivers for the phone, and I installed them to the computer. Next, I tried to run both the install_z740_cwm and install_z740_cwm_tch files, but all that happens is the phone reboots (no bootloader screen shown, only a red light) and the computer prompts me to install device driver files for "Android Device". When I try to install any of the drivers in your ZIP or search for them in Windows Update it says "The drivers could not be found." I end up having to take the battery out of the phone to reset it, and CWM has not installed when the phone boots up.

Do you think this might be because the Sonata has some differences in the architechture or drivers? I have searched Google for two hours about this and the only help I can find is in your threads! It's great my phone is rooted but if I can't install a custom recovery then there's no real point in flashing ROMs or any other risky behavior... thanks for any help you can provide and keep up the great work!

-Matt

I had this same problem, so is what i did i put the custom recovery.img on my sdcard, and downloaded an app called "Flashify" and installed the recovery that way.

Reactions: mcasdorph
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones