• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

90s Music / Bands

So I'm hearing that the 90s are the new "in" thing for music / bands...
I was into Nirvana, Tool, Dave Matthews Band to name a few...
Anyone care to share their choices?
dave mathews?????:spitoutdroid::spitoutdroid::spitoutdroid:

i guess i was ruined by this guy in college. he would sit outside his lawn and play his guitar and sing dave mathews all day long.......ALL DAY LONG......ALLLLL DAYYYYY LONGGGGG!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

he was good, sounded just like dave, but man did i want to just take that guitar and:

give me some Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Urban Dance Squad, NIN, TOOL, Beastie Boys......anything but dave mathews.....LOL

Upvote 0
dave mathews?????:spitoutdroid::spitoutdroid::spitoutdroid:

i guess i was ruined by this guy in college. he would sit outside his lawn and play his guitar and sing dave mathews all day long.......ALL DAY LONG......ALLLLL DAYYYYY LONGGGGG!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

he was good, sounded just like dave, but man did i want to just take that guitar and:

give me some Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Urban Dance Squad, NIN, TOOL, Beastie Boys......anything but dave mathews.....LOL
I can autotune with Marilyn Manson's voice. :)

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Ha!
I forgot to mention the ones you did!
Although not familiar with Urban Dance Squad....
Dave Matthews.... You're either gonna like him or hate him, and it seems like you were subjected to DM overload!!!
i think 1990 the single, Deeper Shade of Soul, by Urban Dance Squad came out.....this was years before 311, Limp Triscuit(oops i mean Biscuit:spitoutdroid:) or Linkin Park.

though Deeper Shade of Soul was more of a mellow, kind of groovy with some 70's vibe.....the band mixed in more hard core metal and some punk elements into their music.

Reactions: mikedt and Dannydet
Upvote 0
There was some Portishead trip-hop that I liked, along with goth metal, such as "Type O Negative"...

I liked Portishead as well, and also Massive Attack. Both from my home city of Bristol. Trip-hop was also sometimes known as the "Bristol sound".

BTW Portishead is the name of a small coastal town near Bristol. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
for me Rage Against the Machine was at the top of my list in the 90's. i went to almost all of their concerts here in LA.

i still listen to their songs......and their message is still as relevant as ever. been watching some reaction videos of millenials hearing RAM for the first time.....its priceless on how they realize how what they were saying then can still apply to today.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
A part of my collection :

songlist.jpg

Upvote 0
Type O Negative was great.
Danzig was another favorite.

The Misfits had some of their best stuff. (Yes, I love the stuff with Danzig, but Graves is great, too.)

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/misfits/digupherbones.html

However...
I absolutely dispise the heroin addled Seattle crap that has plagued the radio and juke boxes ever since it took over the scene, and still putrifies the airwaves with multiple indistinguishable bands that sicken me to death with the most boring 'music' ever.
Nothing like band after band playing slowly (because they are 'nodding' off) in drop D with singers that sound like constipated cats.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones