• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM11 Developer and Tester thread for ZTE MSM 8x30 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

hroark13

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2011
CM11 Developer and Tester thread for ZTE MSM 8x30 devices

I have created a CM11 / Kitkat compatible Kernel that should work with the following devices

ZTE Imperial N9101 (apollo) MSM8930 U.S. Cellular CDMA/LTE
ZTE Overture Z995 (becky) MSM8930 ATT\AIO GSM/LTE
ZTE Unico Z930L (coeus) MSM8930 Straight Talk GSM/LTE
ZTE Dave T83 (demeter) MSM8930 Telstra GSM/LTE
ZTE Source N9511 (hera) MSM8930 Cricket Wireless CDMA/LTE
ZTE Grand S Flex ???? (iris) MSM8930 GSM/LTE
ZTE Sonata / Radiant Z740 (metis) MSM8230 ATT GSM
ZTE Awe N800 (nex) MSM8630 Virgin Mobile CDMA
ZTE Blade Apex ???? (oceanus) MSM8930 ?? GSM/LTE
ZTE Max N5620 (stormer) MSM8930 Boost Mobile CDMA/LTE
ZTE Warp 4G N9510 (warplte) MSM8930 Boost Mobile CDMA/LTE

I have also created a CM11 device tree for the ZTE Radiant, and plan to make trees for the above mentioned devices.

This is still very early in the process, and rbheromax and myself have been trying to fix all the issues. rbheromax has been working with his ZTE Awe, and I have been working with the Radiant, we have received help from jetx2x, Dm47021, and others. METDeath has tested the kernel and ROM and found that it boots the ZTE Overture

But this is a lot of work and we need other people to join in and help out.

I have created a flash-able zip that can be installed on any of the above mentioned devices, the zip should detect which phone you have and flash the appropriate kernel and custom files for that phone

This ROM is not for end usage, there are a lot of things that do not work, it is only intended for people to be able to test and help us fix stuff.

It should be noted that it has only been tested on Radiant, Awe, and Overture so far.

A link to the flashable zip is below and should work with CWM and other recoveries.

Please note that it takes a while for the screen to come with this kernel/rom, so do not get scared, be patient, it should come in like 10 to 15 seconds after the first splash screen.

This zip will not copy the RIL (radio) files for CDMA devices, we need to find some RIL libs that will work with CDMA

ROM DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/?a975urib6ldg79v

old roms

SOURCE CODE
https://github.com/hroark13/zte_msm8x30_cm11

If I have helped you, and you like my work, please click on the Thanks Button and give my thread a rating by clicking on the stars above.

If you would like to buy me a beer, you can click on the PayPal button

.hK

I have the Zte Warp 4G and I would be more than happy to test

i had an issue were some one with a CDMA phone flashed the ROM and and it messed up their prl and now they cant make phone call and such after restoring stock ROM

so I am probably going to take the RIL (radio files) out of the ROM, or something

I want to wait a little while and see what happened with his phone

Reactions: thowersome
Upvote 0
Overture AIO Wireless (tester2):
Hard key backlights

Working:
LTE, HPSA
Light sensor (lux values change based on amount light present)
SMS/MMS send/receive
Phone hang up (fixed from alpha 3)

Not working:
Torch (crashes)
Phone audio (inbound/outbound, speaker mode on/off)
Apollo (crashes upon playback)
Camera, "cannot connect to camera" error
Location in default browser

Misc:
First boot "Welcome dot" not formatted correctly example
Phone shows up as Z740 in Windows Device Manager/media insertion pop ups
No Camera application
APN needs manual setup AIO APN settings

Upvote 0
i did the rom flash on my boost warp4g.. and .... i have no mobile signal or usage. it doesnt see my sim card?? and no 3g or 1xrrt.. camera freezes phone. no power lite charging notice. it seams to run ok... needs mobility urgently!! thanks though to all of you guys to brings this to us!!

yeah, the zip does not flash the ril (radio files) for cdma phones since they screwed up spz0 prl and mdn and he had to get the phone replaced

it only flashes the ril files for gsm phones

i need to get a dev to help getting radio working on cdma devices

Upvote 0
Flashed on zte awe, can't believe how amazing this rom looks!! Very Nice! Finally KitKat for our brloced Awe (lol). Everything is basically the same as what sirslayerjr said about his warp 4g. I did get a random reboot but after unlocking developer settings I underclocked and it seemed to have no problems after that.

Upvote 0
Hi, I installed CM11 and it worked, but before I could install GAPPS the phone rebooted by itself, and now I can't make it book in CWM 6.0.4.7 again to install GAPPS. When I try, it says error device not found. I can use the browser and the wifi connection. Is there a way to install GAPPS going to the Play Store webpage? Thanks.

to get into cwm

power off the phone

hold the volume up key and power key
and it should boot into cwm

or enable adb debugging

in Android

press the menu button and choose setting

scroll down and press about phone

scroll down and look for build number

tap build number 10 times very fast, it should say you enable developer options

press back key

go into developer options and enable usb debugging

you may need to install adb driver if you are using windows

Upvote 0
Man, worked really fine, I could boot in CWM again!!!... Only one question, I tried to install the GAPPS version for android 4.4.2, but this CWM didn't load it good, two times aborted with status 7 error. I tried a GAPPs version a little older for android 4.3.0 and it worked. It's working now. Do you have an idea why it happened? This older GAPPS can cause any problem or bug?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Upvote 0
Man, worked really fine, I could boot in CWM again!!!... Only one question, I tried to install the GAPPS version for android 4.4.2, but this CWM didn't load it good, two times aborted with status 7 error. I tried a GAPPs version a little older for android 4.3.0 and it worked. It's working now. Do you have an idea why it happened? This older GAPPS can cause any problem or bug?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

what phone do you have

what recovery are you using

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones