• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

March Madness 22

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
I highly suspect that your bracket is already trashed. Mine certainly is! My bracket on Yahoo has 17 points with 177 points still possible. My bracket on ESPN is in 1.2 millionth place lol. I'm in this thing. :)

How are your brackets doing? How many sweet sixteen teams will you have when the dust settles tonight? Who do you have in the finals and who cuts down the nets?

I managed to pick 25 winners of the first 32 games. Last year I watched basketball every chance I had and thought I would pick wiser than ever. NOPE :) It's such a crazy game and the tournament puts that on display each March. I love filling out brackets each year and have learned to take my inability to pick well on the chin. In all the years and all the groups I've competed in I have never taken first. No money involved.. I don't bet on anything. But I do love competing... though I'm no good. I think that is why I'm always invited to play. :)

Upvote 0
This is the extent of my March Madness...
Screenshot_20220319-133050.png

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
As the dust settled after week one of madness I managed to fill ten teams of the sweet sixteen. Six of my elite eight are still playing and all of my final four picks are still alive. It's not all that great but to be honest, it's one of my better years picking. My bracket on ESPN has gone from 1.2 millionth place to 461 thousandth. LoL

Upvote 0
As the dust settled after week one of madness I managed to fill ten teams of the sweet sixteen. Six of my elite eight are still playing and all of my final four picks are still alive. It's not all that great but to be honest, it's one of my better years picking. My bracket on ESPN has gone from 1.2 millionth place to 461 thousandth. LoL
Did you pick any updates?

Upvote 0
i meant upsets......stupid autocorrect.....LOL
Ahhh... No, I just picked them as I saw them. My picks are normally upsets in most wise minds. :) The games I lost were upsets to me. :)
My eye opening losses so far were Alabama losing to Notre Dame,
North Carolina beating Baylor, I sure didn't see Kentucky losing to St. Peter's, and I had Auburn winning three instead of one. I'm not certain which game was the biggest shocker to me. Either UNC's victory or Kentuck's loss.

Just so you can watch me go up in flames next weekend...
I have Gonzaga over Duke, UCLA over Kentucky who is out,
Villanova over Tennessee who is out, and Kansas over Iowa who is out in the elite eight. Zags over UCLA and Kansas over Nova in the final four. And I have Gonzaga winning over Kansas in the final.

Now that I've watched both Gonzaga and Kansas struggle early, I need some updates you spoke of. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
well there goes my Bruins:saddroid:

i would like to see a Duke vs NC in a Final Four game.....how cool would that be?
I was rooting for UCLA. I've never been a fan of NC and thought your boys would get er done. So sorry. Can you believe that Saint Peter's beat Perdue? It would please me to no end to see them beat NC Sunday. I would love to see them beat Kansas in the finals. :) A 15 seed winning it all would be a hoot! It is the first time a 15 made the elite eight.

I will really be rooting for Kansas. They are my team and I picked them to make the finals. I have them losing to the Zags lol. My bracket is toast.

Upvote 0
well looks like the last of the Cinderella teams is going to be out soon. i doubt St Peter's can come back from a 19 point deficit in the second half. that would be something though, if they can do it.
I didn't watch the end of the game. I gave up on them with a couple of minutes left in the game. They looked more like a 15 team today against NC. I don't know that the tarheels played that great or if St. P. lost their mojo. One way or another, it wasn't much of a contest.

You called the Duke / N.C. matchup. Who makes it to the final?
I didn't pick either team making the final four. On the other hand, I do have Nova and Kansas in the South/Midwest quarter. I have Kansas winning. If Kansas loses to Nova or wins and then loses in the finals I will win my yahoo group pickem. I'll be plenty happy to lose to those boys if Kansas can cut down the nets.

Upvote 0
Wrong again. :) UNC vs KU in the finals. I will win my group pickem if Kansas should lose. I would far rather win the national championship than come out on top of a no money pickem group. :)
UNC's perimeter shooting looked formidable against Duke. I think Kansas can control the paint as well or better than Duke so I expect to see a lot of outside shooting from North Carolina. That I don't know how well Kansas can defend. It will be interesting and I'll be sweating bullets. Who do you think will cut down the nets?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones