• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Merry Christmas 2022

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
Merry Christmas forum friends. I hope that you have a jolly good time with friends and family. If you are traveling or have loved ones on the road, may they be safe. Make the occasion special for the little guys if you are so fortunate to have some in your life. And take the time to give that extra embrace to your loved ones.

I'm hosting and not traveling this year. I'll be spending the day with my family and making good memories. We will be sharing laughs, good food, and celebrating the gift of life.

2022christmascard.jpg

Upvote 0
Merry Xmas everyone!!!!!!!!!

Gonna keep it small again this year. This year all my friends are doing Vegas except me. I still have to take care of my mom. So it's just me and her and I might have a few friends who also decided not to go to Vegas come over.

Bought me a pork loin rack which I'm gonna be grilling tomorrow.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Upvote 0
Merry Xmas everyone!!!!!!!!!

Gonna keep it small again this year. This year all my friends are doing Vegas except me. I still have to take care of my mom. So it's just me and her and I might have a few friends who also decided not to go to Vegas come over.

Bought me a pork loin rack which I'm gonna be grilling tomorrow.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Sounds good. I'm doing a traditional oven roasted turkey. It's the bird that I purchased for Thanksgiving but was vetoed by my daughter who wanted ham. :)

Upvote 0
Merry Happy Christmas!
I'll go to my sister's tomorrow, it's always a, uh, interesting day and meal. Just me and the dogs (and all the other critters) for tonight, just the way I like it.
Hope everyone has a safe and fun time, whatever you're celebrating.

Upvote 0
As a child, I spent every Christmas eve and day at my mother's parent's home. It was a two bedroom ranch that couldn't have been over 700 square feet. Between the adults and children there were seventeen of us crammed into that little house. Santa had just one address for the entire clan. :) Way back then, all of the adults smoked. My sibling and cousins would all huddle together on the front porch trying to escape the fog and the resulting tears. What a Christmas memory. :) I will admit to treasuring those memories and just how closely woven that family was.

Upvote 0
I hope you all have a reasonably pleasant (but politically non-descript) Winter Solsti-Christma-Kwanz-Ukkah!
(That covers everything, I think)

:D

Actually, I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a blessed, prosperous 2023. The stepmom is here for the first time in six years; former tax deduction son is here; so it's the four of us. For Christmas Eve I have my much-requested rotisserie chicken cooking before our church's Christmas Eve candlelight service.. tomorrow, spiral sliced ham with all the good stuff with it. Keeping things modest under the tree, since that's not what it's about for us. Have a great weekend with your family!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been watching a TV show on the History channel called, "The Curse Of Oak Island". They find a lot of old items with a metal detector on the island. I've always thought it would be cool to have a metal detector, so for Christmas my wife (or Santa) bought me this :cool:

metaldetect.jpg

Upvote 0
I've been watching a TV show on the History channel called, "The Curse Of Oak Island". They find a lot of old items with a metal detector on the island. I've always thought it would be cool to have a metal detector, so for Christmas my wife (or Santa) bought me this :cool:

View attachment 164897
Looks like fun! My father got one when they were new on the market many years ago. His friend asked him how well did it work. My father tossed a fifty cent piece into the front yard and they spent ten minutes searching for it before giving up. :) I'm sure yours will prove to be a far better tool. Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0

View attachment 164897

Awesome and you're in the perfect area for it! Ask farmers for permission to search their fields between crops, because you're right in the area where Civil War troops camped, fought and moved. Also look for lone apple trees off by themselves and not in an orchard. Families often threw out unwanted items in the outhouse (or hid valuables from Union troops). When an outhouse was full or no longer in use, an apple tree was planted in the VERY fertile soil.

Those are great places to find buttons, belt buckles, old bottles, cutlery and flatware, or even jewelry.

Upvote 0
Awesome and you're in the perfect area for it! Ask farmers for permission to search their fields between crops, because you're right in the area where Civil War troops camped, fought and moved. Also look for lone apple trees off by themselves and not in an orchard. Families often threw out unwanted items in the outhouse (or hid valuables from Union troops). When an outhouse was full or no longer in use, an apple tree was planted in the VERY fertile soil.

Those are great places to find buttons, belt buckles, old bottles, cutlery and flatware, or even jewelry.

You are 100% correct. There are Confederate cannons real close to me. Some right on the Tennessee river
cannon.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones