• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New tablet, regrets, slow, would I be happier if...? (Samsung)

dukeofurl

Lurker
Dec 31, 2011
I just got a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and while it's very nice, it's slow.

I consider myself a power user. I'm trying to move from the iOS universe, I'm a long time iPhone user, and I'd like to move to Android, so I got this tablet. First thing I did was load my favorite game, The Simpsons Tapped Out, and much to my dilemma this tablet doesn't run this game smoothly, something that my 2+ year iPhone 5 can do. I haven't decided if the problem is hardware or software. If it's software, it can be fixed. If hardware, then no.

The tablet is SO NEW that I can exchange it for another model if I want, probably... (I haven't researched that yet actually, I probably should)

The reason that I settled on the Galaxy Pro in the first place is the built-in real GPS, something that to my knowledge none of the other Samsung Tablets have. To me, that's huge, but I have decided that I'd give the GPS up if the overall unit were faster. Though it would be really nice to have.

There's no way for me to tell which units are faster, short of actually buying on and trying it. The display units in the store don't have an internet connection, so there's just no way to tell. Is there? Is there something I don't know about?

Another way of telling this thing just isn't fast, is how fast it draws web pages. I've tried the built-in browser, Chrome, and Firefox, and none of them draw pages quickly. It's ridiculous.

Please, someone tell me if my expectations are too high, or what? Is this Galaxy Tab Pro truly slow, or is it just my imagination?

I'm looking for all comments and opinions, don't be shy.

thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones