• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ok Google search result issue

MrIzzard

Lurker
Apr 26, 2010
Hey

Before this is confirmed as a bug, can anyone replicate this issue that's annoying the hell out of me (not sure if it's exclusive to Nexus 6 or 5.0.1 - of which I have both)?

When I do an Ok Google search when the screen is off, the lock screen immediately comes back on when I click on any of the search results. I can happily scroll up and down through the search results, but it's the action of clicking on a result that evokes the lock screen again. I swipe up to unlock and can see the page has already loaded.

I'm sure this never used to happen, but I think what happened is that I was playing around with enabling a pattern lock plus using the smart lock features, however now I'm back to just using plain swipe lock.

Full configuration...

SECURITY
Screen Lock = Swipe

OK GOOGLE DETECTION
From Google Search App = on
Always On = on
When Locked = on (but tried off too)

I can confirm that I have the same result. The only difference is that I have code entry instead of swipe.

Personally I feel if I have a screen lock then OK google should not work in the first place if it is an action or at least prompt for the security procedure before showing search results.

Upvote 0
I use a stock Nexus 6 AND a stock Nexus 9 LTE. purchased nex 6 from goog and on sprint. i dont have that issue on either mentioned devices. both stock.

as this feature is not specific to nexus 6 devices, this discussion has been moved to the Google section so more users can potentially offer their results.

Where is the best place to submit this bug? Is it productforums.google.com or code.google.com?

Upvote 0
I can confirm that I have the same result. The only difference is that I have code entry instead of swipe.

Personally I feel if I have a screen lock then OK google should not work in the first place if it is an action or at least prompt for the security procedure before showing search results.
Have you tried making sure "When Locked" is set to on, to make your setup work properly (search results are clickable)? Or if you don't want to issue voice commands from the lock screen to untick "Always On"?

This issue of touching a search result and the lock screen coming on is very frustrating for me personally, but I'm trying to remember if it was always like this, but I'm sure it wasn't. I fear that if this is indeed a bug, that I stumbled across it by going through a very specific sequence that not many others have done, so I'm worried that if I log it as a bug not many people will also vote to get it fixed.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones