• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions you would like answered.

Anybody miss me?

Sorry had some things come up at work and then took a vacation for our anniversary.

Looks like most questions have been answered. Sucks to see some jumping over to ATT.. you all know I am biased due to employment....and personally going through switching 6 lines over after being tired of data caps and throttles on att

Did everyone get one or still holding out? Accessories still appear to be hard to find.

I got one and a extra battery I have only had to use once. And so far 4 cases

Upvote 0
20121115_020045.jpg
I got one and a extra battery I have only had to use once. And so far 4 cases

I am up to 5 cases the wireless allshare device and debating the battery. so far it hasnt let me down. just want to be prepared. it survived a week in vegas with no sare so maybe I dont need one.

Upvote 0
Anybody miss me?

Sorry had some things come up at work and then took a vacation for our anniversary.

Looks like most questions have been answered. Sucks to see some jumping over to ATT.. you all know I am biased due to employment....and personally going through switching 6 lines over after being tired of data caps and throttles on att

Did everyone get one or still holding out? Accessories still appear to be hard to find.

Well if it isn't the famous Mr. Ed! LOL! :p Of course you were missed. How long you here for?
You got a lot of reading to catch up on.
Got mine on launch day! Love this phone!!!!

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
haha, she was yelling at me to get off the phone as I was laying in bed. So many settings and so much to figure out :D

I have some questions if you all don't mind.

----

Is there a way to make the Gmail app sync at certain time intervals or it just does what it wants? I found where you can choose what to sync, but I don't see anywhere to change the interval it syncs at. I keep hearing the bird whistle sound everytime I get a new e-mail or what not.

I take it the stock browser is not Google Chrome. I downloaded Chrome and it looks a bit different than the stock one.

How do I change the lockscreen icons? Right now I'm using Gmail and not the stock E-Mail app so I would like to replace it with the Gmail one if possible. EDIT - Found this under the lock screen options. Sometimes when there are checkmarks for things you can still click on that item for more settings. :D I love the freedom and the vast array of settings/options on Android!

Under My Files I see sdcard0 and extSdCard. I know the extSdCard is the 64GB one I put in. Is sdcard0 the 16GB internal storage? It appears so, but I just want some confirmation.

I heard some things about making wi-fi turn on when you get home and turn off when you leave. Does anyone have more information on this or does it automatically start doing it after a while?

Also heard when the alarm goes off in the morning you can say "Stop" and it will automatically turn off. Is this a setting with s voice or something or automatically enabled when the alarm goes off?

Thank you and I'll probably have much more, but I'll try digging into the forum when I get some time.

Anyone know the answers to any of my questions? Please and thank you! :D

Also, I did an nandroid backup using the Online Nandroid Backup/BusyBox combination. The backup automatically was saved to the on-board/internal sd card. Is there a way to save these backups to the external sd card?

Upvote 0
Anybody miss me?

I'm still holding out. I want to get a 32gb or 64gb Note II. But they are still no where to be found! :mad: I would try to get the Korean version (I'm a Korean-American who goes to Korea once a year), but it looks like the Korean version does not support HSPA+ 850/1900, which is what I need in the US. (I'm on Straight Talk, an AT&T MVNO.)

Upvote 0
haha, she was yelling at me to get off the phone as I was laying in bed. So many settings and so much to figure out :D

I have some questions if you all don't mind.

----

Is there a way to make the Gmail app sync at certain time intervals or it just does what it wants? I found where you can choose what to sync, but I don't see anywhere to change the interval it syncs at. I keep hearing the bird whistle sound everytime I get a new e-mail or what not.

I take it the stock browser is not Google Chrome. I downloaded Chrome and it looks a bit different than the stock one.

How do I change the lockscreen icons? Right now I'm using Gmail and not the stock E-Mail app so I would like to replace it with the Gmail one if possible. EDIT - Found this under the lock screen options. Sometimes when there are checkmarks for things you can still click on that item for more settings. :D I love the freedom and the vast array of settings/options on Android!

Under My Files I see sdcard0 and extSdCard. I know the extSdCard is the 64GB one I put in. Is sdcard0 the 16GB internal storage? It appears so, but I just want some confirmation.

I heard some things about making wi-fi turn on when you get home and turn off when you leave. Does anyone have more information on this or does it automatically start doing it after a while?

Also heard when the alarm goes off in the morning you can say "Stop" and it will automatically turn off. Is this a setting with s voice or something or automatically enabled when the alarm goes off?

Thank you and I'll probably have much more, but I'll try digging into the forum when I get some time.

GMail app is using push syncing, so when you get an email, it instantly shows on your device. If you want different intervals, use the "EMail" app instead and set your gmail up through there.

You are correct. Stock browser is not Chrome.

You are correct. The extSdCard is you 64gb card.

I'm sure there are several apps in the Play Store that will turn on/off you WiFi for you. Try doing a search at play.google.com from your desktop. It's easier to see from there (IMO).

Did you check the alarm settings? There may be something in there.

Upvote 0

LOL...I wouldn't have been able to wait until 2013 to pick up Topaz Blue, but that might've been my #1 choice, had it been part of the initial launch. I've seen different interpretations from how "Topaz" is portrayed, but if it's a darker topaz (darker than pebble blue), that'd be really disappointing that it wasn't available from the get go.

And I doubt that they'd change anything with the new colors, but stranger things have happened. If they're going to change any of the hardware, I could see them going with the 12mp camera that they initially wanted (but other manufacturers supposedly swooped up the majority, so there weren't enough to maintain Samsung's needs for production).

Upvote 0
GMail app is using push syncing, so when you get an email, it instantly shows on your device. If you want different intervals, use the "EMail" app instead and set your gmail up through there.

You are correct. Stock browser is not Chrome.

You are correct. The extSdCard is you 64gb card.

I'm sure there are several apps in the Play Store that will turn on/off you WiFi for you. Try doing a search at play.google.com from your desktop. It's easier to see from there (IMO).

Did you check the alarm settings? There may be something in there.

Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0
I have a few questions that I'm curious about. I'm on Verizon so I won't have my phone for another week.

1.) Are there a lot of customization options (font, color, size, customs text tones) on the standard texting app? I'm using handcent now and it's done a solid job, but every so often it lags and hangs up when I switching to something else. It's nice having certain text tones and led colors for people that I'm texting.

2.) If I buy a car dock that does not have a usb cord attached, is there a way to still activate the car mode or whatever it's called? I have a usb port in my car so I can charge it, I just want to have m Note 2 be driver friendly so it's easier to use navigation, answer calls and send auto texts when I'm driving.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have a few questions that I'm curious about. I'm on Verizon so I won't have my phone for another week.

1.) Are there a lot of customization options (font, color, size, customs text tones) on the standard texting app? I'm using handcent now and it's done a solid job, but every so often it lags and hangs up when I switching to something else. It's nice having certain text tones and led colors for people that I'm texting.

2.) If I buy a car dock that does not have a usb cord attached, is there a way to still activate the car mode or whatever it's called? I have a usb port in my car so I can charge it, I just want to have m Note 2 be driver friendly so it's easier to use navigation, answer calls and send auto texts when I'm driving.

Thanks!

I can't answer #1; the stock texting app has been fine enough for me on all the Android devices I've owned. As for #2, I don't know for the Note 2 specifically, but most Android devices (especially newer and high-end devices) have some sort of sensor that lets the phone know when it's in a car dock built specifically for the model of phone being used in it, and will automatically launch a driver-friendly "home screen" (for lack of being able to think of a better term at the moment).

Upvote 0
Anybody miss me?

Yeah Me for one, but since i was away myself, I didn't notice. :p

As for AT&T, that deathstar has exploded and i am now having all my lines back on Sprint. woo hoo.

TS

Upvote 0

Awesome, I'd been wondering how to change the lockscreen icons myself! I didn't realise you could click on the checkmarked option to change them!

Apps such as Tasker and Llama can do this for you!

I have a question....if I install and use a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Go Launcher Ex, will I still be able to use things like S Note, S Voice and the assisted light widget? I remember when I used to use Go on my old Desire, a lot of the Sense widgets and things were no longer available.

Reactions: MaStA819
Upvote 0
Awesome, I'd been wondering how to change the lockscreen icons myself! I didn't realise you could click on the checkmarked option to change them!

Apps such as Tasker and Llama can do this for you!

I have a question....if I install and use a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Go Launcher Ex, will I still be able to use things like S Note, S Voice and the assisted light widget? I remember when I used to use Go on my old Desire, a lot of the Sense widgets and things were no longer available.

Yep....you sure can.

Upvote 0
Now I'm on day 9... Got the update last night! YAY

Woke up this morning and the phone told me how long it would take me to get to work! Clicked through things and it really DOES know where I work... Creepy... Wonder if it will pick up that tomorrow is Saturday and not tell me? I think my phone is stalking me

Lol its called Google now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones